PDA

View Full Version : Dish network, multiple tv's and KeyTV

dezl
09-23-2020, 02:42 PM
First I will say that I reached out to Keystone, what they told me seems ridiculous so I figured I would reach out and see if anyone has any experience with the issue.

I have a 2020 Raptor 423 with keytv. I am looking to install a dish satellite (the trailer has 4 Tv's). I am hoping to be able to setup the system to be able to watch two separate channels inside vs outside for example. Keystone states that keytv will only allow for one satellite to receiver setup. Now I have read the "work around" info but I'm curious if I am going to have to run a new coax line to the roof?

Does anyone have a raptor or similar model with keytv using dish? If so, how did you set your system up?

dezl
09-23-2020, 02:42 PM
just realized this was posted in the wrong section, if a moderator can move it that would be great.

bobbecky
09-23-2020, 09:05 PM
We have Dish, and use a Winegard Trav'ler dish mounted on the roof of our rig. Regardless of whether you have KeyTV or not, the most individual TV's that can be used and separately controlled, each with their own satellite control box, is three with our dish. We have two TV's and have a Wally box for each one, and can watch different channels on each TV. I don't think you can get four separately controlled TV's off of any satellite system.

dezl
09-24-2020, 07:07 AM
We have Dish, and use a Winegard Trav'ler dish mounted on the roof of our rig. Regardless of whether you have KeyTV or not, the most individual TV's that can be used and separately controlled, each with their own satellite control box, is three with our dish. We have two TV's and have a Wally box for each one, and can watch different channels on each TV. I don't think you can get four separately controlled TV's off of any satellite system.

Thank you for the info. I am ok with only being able to watch one or two channels. We don’t need four separate channels but it would be nice to not have to move receivers around.

I do also have the winegard air 360+ which on the side suggests hooking up a winegard dish for satellite. I’m going to reach out to them shortly to discuss options