PDA

View Full Version : CO to AZ Trip

P&DZ
09-19-2020, 03:32 PM
We will be leaving on a trip from Fort Collins to Tucson a week from tomorrow to visit our daughter. The trip to Tucson will be straight through stopping twice for one nights stays. The return trip will include multiple night stays in Sedona, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest and Santa Fe.
Any recommendations on other worthwhile attractions of interest and places to stay for 2 to 3 nights?
Also, I do not have a RV specific GPS app. Are they useful and do you recommend any particular one?

Canonman
09-19-2020, 06:32 PM
Might want to think about a layover in Mancos, CO and take in Mesa Verdi. We enjoyed that a lot, but really liked the Ute Tribal Park tour even better. The ruins there are just the way they were at the turn of the 20th century.
I believe the Navajo Nation tribal lands are still closed due to Covid. If not, then look at a day or two in Monument Valley.

notanlines
09-20-2020, 05:13 AM
Both DW and I recommend a visit to Bisbee, AZ, maybe a quick tour of the copper mine right in town. Also maybe take US84 and US54 rather than the interstate and pick up I10 again in Las Cruces. Anything is more interesting than the interstate. We second Canonman's Mesa Verdi suggestion also.

P&DZ
09-26-2020, 09:17 PM
Thanks all for the advice. We have been to Mesa Verdi and loved it. A return trip may be in order. I do think we wii take US54 down to Las Cruces and avoid the interstate on on way to Tucson.