PDA

View Full Version : BAL Electric Stabilizer Jacks

RWRiley
09-17-2020, 12:59 PM
My rig came with a BAL combo tongue jack/stabilizer systems that all runs from the from the front of the Rig. When I was sucking up the stabilizers this morning one of them quit working. I tried to run it up by hand with a breaker bar but no dice. My guess is the threads are messed up.

I called my dealer and (of course) I am about 2 months out of warranty :)

It looks like the left and right are all 1 piece, and it doesn't look too bad to switch it out.

Has anyone had a similar problem and tried to switch it out yourself ?

sourdough
09-17-2020, 01:21 PM
What kind of stabilizers are they? Are they electric and deploy the fronts and backs, individual or ? I watched a couple of videos but they only have the manual individual corner stabilizers. When you say it looks like the left and right are all one piece I'm not sure I've seen anything like that?

RWRiley
09-17-2020, 01:41 PM
What kind of stabilizers are they? Are they electric and deploy the fronts and backs, individual or ? I watched a couple of videos but they only have the manual individual corner stabilizers. When you say it looks like the left and right are all one piece I'm not sure I've seen anything like that?

It is electric, and it is definitely one piece for the left and right. You can deploy all 4 together or operate each separately.

sourdough
09-17-2020, 03:05 PM
Is this what you are talking about - watch the video, sounds like what you are describing. The instructions don't reflect what the guy says though.

https://www.carid.com/bal/powered-c-style-jack-mpn-21100005.html?view=652911&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgJiirKTx6wIVEtbACh1BxQk4EAQYBCAB EgJq6vD_BwE

RWRiley
09-17-2020, 03:58 PM
Is this what you are talking about - watch the video, sounds like what you are describing. The instructions don't reflect what the guy says though.

https://www.carid.com/bal/powered-c-style-jack-mpn-21100005.html?view=652911&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgJiirKTx6wIVEtbACh1BxQk4EAQYBCAB EgJq6vD_BwE

Yes - this is pretty close. The only difference is I have a centralized "command Center" for each stabilizer and for the tounge jack.

Thanks for the video,

Rich