PDA

View Full Version : [Springdale Slideout] What are these?

DMKRV
09-15-2020, 11:17 AM
Please excuse me, this is my first RV, so all this is new to me. There are two of these on the outboard bottom edge of my Slideout. When I first saw them I assumed they were for attaching supports. But everything I see says not to use supports, for a variety of reasons that all make sense…fine. So if that is what they are, why would a MFG put them there, and if that’s not what they are for, what are they?

The rust marks on the plate area appears as if they have been adjusted quite a bit.

They are on a 2009 Keystone Springdale.

https://i.imgur.com/aJC3GzZ.jpg

Javi
09-15-2020, 11:19 AM
They adjust the angle of the dangle for the slide..

BrooksFam
09-15-2020, 01:18 PM
They adjust the angle of the dangle for the slide..

Yes, jack screws for adjusting the slide alignment. You should not need to do anything with them except periodically check to make sure the jam nut is tight.

dutchmensport
09-15-2020, 01:59 PM
If you have no issues with your slides, NEVER do anything with this. They are for aligning your slides. If you mess with them and get your slide out of align, chance are, you'll NEVER get it back right again and will need a service tech's help. In other words, if it ain't broke ... don't mess with these at all. And don't worry about the rust on them.

travelin texans
09-15-2020, 08:03 PM
And DO NOT use slide supports, especially under those particular places.