PDA

View Full Version : Pleated window shade will not stay up.

wgb1
11-08-2011, 04:40 PM
One of the pleated window shades in my 246RBS refuses to stay put when I raise it to the top. I shove it up and it falls about halfway back down. Is there a simple way to adjust tension on the strings in order to keep the shade from lowering back down? I do not fully understand how they work.

Thanks in advance,

mijdirtyjeep
11-09-2011, 02:13 AM
One of mine were doing this as well. To fix it, I just grabbed the cord "string", and made one more wrap around the part that it attached to at the bottom. That seemed to fix the problem, as it put's more tension on the string.

campingcpl
11-09-2011, 08:40 AM
One of mine were doing this as well. To fix it, I just grabbed the cord "string", and made one more wrap around the part that it attached to at the bottom. That seemed to fix the problem, as it put's more tension on the string.

:thumbsup: That's what I have done on ours too. You can take the knot out of the string and pull it tight and retie the knot but sometimes they are a real pain to get out. :banghead:

wgb1
11-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks for tips. I will try to add more tension to the strings. I wondered if that would do the trick but was unsure.

ktmracer
11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
tension on the strings is what holds them up, so as mentioned if they drop down tighten them. If the pleats end up crooked, that means one side is tighter than the other. equalize the tension to straighten them out. (easier said than done!)

rjsurfer
11-10-2011, 05:00 AM
If you're tension adjust set up is like mine be careful when you wrap the cord around that clear plastic barrel. Every one I have ever touched pulled loose from the wall:confused:

I had to eventually use some small molly/expandable screws to hole them in place.

Ron W.