PDA

View Full Version : Motion light for the outside

Shasta Bob
09-12-2020, 03:55 PM
Hi all, wondering if anybody has installed a motion light on the outside of the fifth wheel. for safety and security purposes.

wiredgeorge
09-12-2020, 07:26 PM
If you install one, I am guessing you won't be very popular in an RV park. Is that where you feel you need security? 12V security lights are out there and I would likely replace my light by my camper's door:
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/electrical-plumbing-lp-gas/lighting/motion-activated-lighting/motion-security-light_55-1000

Shasta Bob
09-13-2020, 06:40 AM
im thinking of going back to camp after visiting another camp, and the fact that at night someone should not be around my RV in the night.

JRTJH
09-13-2020, 07:35 AM
im thinking of going back to camp after visiting another camp, and the fact that at night someone should not be around my RV in the night.

It's not the "humans walking around your RV at night that triggers most motion sensors.

We have quite a few "motion sensor lights" around our house and pole barns. They "regularly trigger" when deer, racoons, possum, stray cats and dogs walk through. At most "remote campsites" you can expect the lights to "trigger all night" as visitors roam your campsite looking for any food that might be available both in the fire ring and spilled onto the ground..... That's one reason we NEVER toss dishwater on the ground in front of the trailer or in the bushes around the trailer... Food odors in the dishwater are a "shining beacon on the hill" for any hungry wildlife.....

Snoking
09-13-2020, 07:52 AM
We have 4 of these. Two on the path to the store room on the back of our park model in Arizona. One on the gazebo on one lot up North the forth one on the side of the 5th wheel. They come on dim at night and go bright when they detect movement. The two round lights can be aimed where you want light.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q11VFG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would not hit the road without lifting it off the mounting screws.