PDA

View Full Version : TPO roof coating

JRlikesRVliving
09-12-2020, 02:24 PM
What are good products to use for coating your tpo roof?

chuckster57
09-12-2020, 02:35 PM
Why are you trying to coat it?

JRlikesRVliving
09-12-2020, 04:34 PM
Should I not be coating it?

chuckster57
09-12-2020, 04:48 PM
With proper cleaning, and treating it should last a long time. There are several products to do that.

JRlikesRVliving
09-12-2020, 04:56 PM
Lay em on me buddy!

chuckster57
09-12-2020, 05:05 PM
Dicor makes products, Alpha probably does too. I use a mixture of outdoor bleach, Dawn ultra blue and water. Scrub brush and Aerospace 303.

JRTJH
09-12-2020, 06:46 PM
Your trailer has an Alpha Systems TPO roof membrane. You can download the entire "care, inspection, maintenance and protection series" here: https://www.alphallc.us/product-care/

Note the comment in the first section, Roof Cleaning and Care: "The Alpha roof membrane is quite inert and will resist weathering well; nor does it require the periodic application of products to protect it from ultra-violet light or ozone. In fact, these products can often cause damage to the roof membrane."

This is one of those situations where "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"....

That does not mean "NO INSPECTION"... you need to be on your roof 3 or 4 times a year, carefully inspecting the sealant, the membrane, the aluminum molding (especially the screws) for any signs of leaking or potential leaks.

Take a look at the entire Alpha Systems use/care series, lots of great information available to ease your mind about your roof.