PDA

View Full Version : Popping Floor

Steve419
09-10-2020, 05:34 AM
We own a 2018 27' Springdale Summerland TT.
We're fulltimers and have pulled camper to AZ and back from Ohio.

Over time our floor has begun to pop as you walk on it, almost as pound as a rifle sound. It will wake anyone who is sleeping. I have repeatedly check level front to rear, side to side.
I am wondering if anyone else has had similar situation, if so how was it remedied.

JRTJH
09-10-2020, 08:36 AM
I believe the Summerland series is built with 2x3 "clear wood floor joists" which are mounted on the frame rails. There is a DARCO covering under the joists that prevents water intrusion, fiberglass insulation between the joists and a 5/8" "structure-wood" (glue/wood strands/chips) floor on top of the joists.

Any popping would likely be caused by a failed floor joist or a failed joist/frame rail bolt or screw...

If your trailer is still covered under the Keystone 3 year structural warranty, I'd urge you to contact a dealership and have the trailer inspected before the warranty expires.

Steve419
09-10-2020, 08:48 AM
Thank you so much for the reply. I understand your explanation and it's very likely that is the problem. I'm contacting dealer today to arrange an inspection.