PDA

View Full Version : Water coming through AC unit

Nankipoo
09-09-2020, 10:52 AM
Hi. I'm new to the forum though I've been researching a lot here. Got a question someone might answer. Recently traded travel trailer and bought a 2013 Laredo 329RE. So far we are loving the RV. A few minor problems have been resolved. One problem is still there. There are no visible leaks any where in the RV even during a down pour. The AC can run all week and no leaks. When you hook up to take it somewhere it dumps water out of the AC unit on everything below it. I have taken the cover off on the roof and the cover on the ceiling and can't find a drop of water. The dealer has looked once and it's back at the dealer again to see if they can figure it out. Anyone here have any idea where this water can be coming from. AC unit or a leak that is somehow making it there. Anyone here ever experienced that problem?

Nankipoo
09-12-2020, 04:19 PM
I guess no one else has had that problem. Leave it to me to get one that no one has ever had that problem. At this point it still hasn't been figured out.

NH_Bulldog
09-12-2020, 04:33 PM
I don’t know your particular AC unit, but when the AC is running when it isn’t raining do you get a steady drip of water coming off one or more of the roof corners from the gutters?

My thought is that the condensate pan drain might be clogged allowing water to accumulate rather than draining off like it should. If the drain is clogged, the pan could fill and then overflow into the roof masking the issue. When you move the trailer, all that standing water in the pan could slosh out in an unintended direction and wind up inside. Just a theory.

Gary R.
09-12-2020, 04:34 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

It may be the water produced during the air conditioning process is collecting in the unit itself, and not getting out. Then, when you hook up, the angle of the RV could allow the water to escape.

When the ac is operating, do you see water coming off the roof?

I'm sure someone smarter than me will be along to help.

Stay safe!

Nankipoo
09-12-2020, 05:52 PM
Yes, when the ac is running it pours off the rear gutters. Usually the living side. I have personally took the cover off on the roof of it and saw no water anywhere in the AC unit. The drain pan was bone dry. No water in the ductwork, return or anything. Move the RV and boom water all over everything under the ac. It's like the water is hiding somewhere until moved. Maybe I need someone to ride back there and see what's going on for a minute.

chuckster57
09-12-2020, 06:40 PM
Have you checked the gasket at the opening? It should be compressed to about 1/2 it’s original thickness. Use a 3/8” socket and maybe tighten the 4 screws that hold the unit to the roof.

Nankipoo
09-12-2020, 08:09 PM
Have you checked the gasket at the opening? It should be compressed to about 1/2 it’s original thickness. Use a 3/8” socket and maybe tighten the 4 screws that hold the unit to the roof.

Checked that also. It looked to be a half an inch but I tightened each screw a few turns.