PDA

View Full Version : Rv fridge temp

rodo824
09-08-2020, 08:04 AM
I have a Cougar 344MKS. Temperature in my double door dometic fridge will not go below 39 degrees. Fridge is set at coldest temp and I have a fan in the fridge as well as in the vent area. Could it be the thermistor? It is mounted on the roof of the fridge. Has been a problem now for a couple of months. Stays between 39 and 43 degrees on electric power.

smithfrh
09-08-2020, 08:19 AM
Is it a dometic rm1350? If so mine turned out to be the cooling unit luckily it was still under warranty.

rodo824
09-08-2020, 08:26 AM
Is it a dometic rm1350? If so mine turned out to be the cooling unit luckily it was still under warranty.

Yes it is. Mine is 2 1/2 years old. Thanks

chunker
09-12-2020, 05:16 AM
I have a Cougar 344MKS. Temperature in my double door dometic fridge will not go below 39 degrees. Fridge is set at coldest temp and I have a fan in the fridge as well as in the vent area. Could it be the thermistor? It is mounted on the roof of the fridge. Has been a problem now for a couple of months. Stays between 39 and 43 degrees on electric power.

A bit confused by that description. Normally the thermistor is located in the fridge section attached to one of the far right cooling fins mid way to the bottom of that fin. GF has the Crusader 5th wheel with an 8 cu.ft. Dometic fridge and that's where it is. My previous motorhome with a Norcold 12 cu.ft. similar location.

EDIT; Current Norcold 18cu.ft. there too. Thermister 2nd fin from the right on all the above refers.

chuckster57
09-12-2020, 06:39 AM
4 door Dometics have been known to haver the flapper that goes between the doors hang up. I have removed the door with the flapper and shimmed it up a touch to let the flapper fully seat.

chunker
09-12-2020, 07:19 AM
4 door Dometics have been known to haver the flapper that goes between the doors hang up. I have removed the door with the flapper and shimmed it up a touch to let the flapper fully seat.

The Norcold 4 door have the same issue. Mine was hanging up and based on a previous thread I sanded the bottom of the flapper to remove excess length and rubbed a bar of soap on the bottom of the flapper and contact point on the fridge inside. Works very smooth now. I didn't want to shim the door because the clearance of the flapper at the top was very close and raising the door could have caused problems at the top of the flapper. Very little material was removed with sandpaper.