PDA

View Full Version : Suburban furnace clicks one time

Yamatime
09-05-2020, 05:38 AM
I have a 2013 Laredo with a suburban furnace. The furnace has worked fine up until last weekend. When I call for heat on the thermostat I only hear a single click at the furnace. The blower does not come on... Nothing happens. I've checked the fuses, I have propane (stove lights no problem which is right next to the furnace). I tried jumping the thermostat and nothing happens. If I turn the thermostat off and call for heat again, same thing happens. One click at the furnace then nothing. Any ideas? I've Googled it and seems it may be the board. Is there anything I need to check. I know the furnace runs off 12 volt and my batteries are fine.

RichC
11-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Mine is very similar to yours. I get one "tick" from the igniter then a lower pitched "tuc".

Stove works fine and I'm on shore power. I've been using the furnace for several weeks.

chuckster57
11-12-2020, 06:16 PM
If the furnace “clicks” and nothing happens it could be a couple of different things. The fan will be the first thing to turn on, it could be a bad “limit” switch. It could be a bad motor, it could be a bad control board.

If your mechanically inclined troubleshooting isn’t that hard.

ChuckS
11-13-2020, 06:13 AM
You state you checked the fuse for furnace... is that actually a fuse for your furnace or an ATC style resettable fuse? If it’s the later then you may be hearing fuse open up...

I’d temp swap in a 15 or 20 amp fuse and try the furnace.. the ignitor isn’t going to do anything AT ALL unless the blower fan is running AND sail switch paddle arm has moved to complete the electrical circuit.