PDA

View Full Version : Galley grey tank leak

Oilbrnr
09-03-2020, 09:57 AM
To begin, all printed information(that I can find) shows my 2014 X Lite 25RKS as having ONE (56g) grey tank. Clearly this is not the case as there are two dump valves that work independent of each other. In any case, the galley tank has some sort of leak.....slow, but dripping from a sag in the insulation under the belly. I have my own plan to try and locate and repair this but all of this is quite new to me and would love some direction as to how any of you have/would proceed.

bobbecky
09-03-2020, 11:07 AM
If you have the coroplast belly material underneath, you will need to drop it, or at least enough to see the galley tank. Then you will be able to fill the galley tank so you can see where the leak is. Once the leak is located, you can decide how to proceed. I had a crack on the bottom of my grey tank some years ago and was able to repair it with a kit from Plastimend, and it is still holding. I would not start cutting the belly, as you will just make more work for yourself.

Oilbrnr
09-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Thanks ......I think the forensic examination of the issue will be what I expect. I imagine I will have to reseal the low water drains and grey valve handle where they come out of the insulation (chloroplast?) If there is a specific product for this I’d be glad for a “heads up”.

bobbecky
09-03-2020, 07:48 PM
http://plasti-mend.com/cart/index.php?route=product/category&path=59