PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Converter location 364bhl

Silver_
09-02-2020, 05:57 PM
After getting the brand new rear AC replaced (never worked after delivery), my camper is dead. When I picked it up, the batteries didn't have enough juice to operate the jacks without a booster. I towed it to the storage site,, and they had charged enough to function. I parked and plugged into shore power (110). When I came back a few weeks later, there is no 12V power in the camper. However, the microwave has power.

So I'm thinking the techs might have accidentally touched the battery terminals wrong and blown the reverse polarity fuses on the power converter. I had to cut an access panel and manually open the main slide enough to get to the fuse/breaker panel to check things (ots in the pantry and the door is blocked when the slide is in...genius), but all the breakers and fuses look good.

The problem is, I can't find the power converter to check the fuses there.

Anyone know where its located? It's not in the basement, the rear storage area near to the shore line connection, or the fuse panel area. Help!

flynaz
09-02-2020, 06:18 PM
Pull the basement panel and look under the steps!

Silver_
09-02-2020, 07:03 PM
I have. I cannot find anything but wires. I do have the in command system, but there is no converter there or near the fuse panel that I can see. I've looked under the stairs, behind the basement wall, behind the fuse panel cover/surround, near the shore line plug, etc. So frustrating. We are supposed to head out Friday for a trip and I'm out of town for work tomorrow. Sigh. I don't understand why they would put a piece of equipment with fuses on board somewhere where you couldn't find or reach it.

Silver_
09-02-2020, 07:13 PM
Found it. The ONLY way to get to it on this fiver is to pull the ENTIRE fuse box assembly completely out of the wall. It is mounted on the floor behind it, inaccessible from the basement. WTH

GaryUT
09-02-2020, 07:27 PM
Found it. The ONLY way to get to it on this fiver is to pull the ENTIRE fuse box assembly completely out of the wall. It is mounted on the floor behind it, inaccessible from the basement. WTH

Thats were mine is too. If I ever replace it im going to move it.

LHaven
09-02-2020, 11:08 PM
Apologies for the simple question, but did you check to make sure the techs hadn't turned your battery disconnect key? That would account for your symptoms.

tech740
09-03-2020, 12:30 AM
Really does sound like a disconnect switch issue. Unhook your batteries while plugged in and check the leads with a volt meter. If there is no juice then it is disconnected from the converter or the converter is bad.