PDA

View Full Version : Releveling fifth wheel

Shasta Bob
09-02-2020, 08:34 AM
We were camped at the Oregon coast on grass RV spot and after a week it seems the fifth heel should of been re leveled. Is this possible to do with the slides out or should i bring them in? i have the Lippert's 3.0 auto leveling system. thanks

JDDilly
09-02-2020, 08:44 AM
We are at a spot all summer and I re-level every month. I leave my slides out but make sure I put my MorRyde step up. If it is out of level your step could be damaged.

dutchmensport
09-02-2020, 09:37 AM
When initially setting up camp, I do the auto level with the slides in. If releveling, I'll do the same. Slides in. It's always consistent that way.

Canonman
09-02-2020, 09:47 AM
I've always understood that the slides should be in when leveling. I'd consider it a minor inconvenience and it could save a major headache if the slides were to become jammed due to the opening shifting during the leveling process.

Javi
09-02-2020, 10:07 AM
Always, in... only takes a minute more

wiredgeorge
09-02-2020, 03:39 PM
If you see your fifth wheel start sinking, move out of California I guess! Watched the Rock in San Andreas not long ago and am not educated on this issue.

sourdough
09-02-2020, 04:20 PM
We spend the winters (part of the summer this year) in FL right on the coast. Whatever the season it rains. The trailer literally levels on beach sand and then sits there and "settles" during the rains, winds and movements. I relevel once a month because I can tell things are getting a little off. I always relevel the same way we level upon setup; slides in, stairs in.

Shasta Bob
09-03-2020, 06:28 AM
thanks if i re-level i will put steps in and slides in.