PDA

View Full Version : Camper rock

Bbouch84
09-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Is there want way to minimize the camper rock. We have a 2020 bullet 261rbs with electric stabizer jacks. I add a little more pressure to the jacks when the slide is out but still seems rocky.

sourdough
09-01-2020, 06:10 PM
Is there want way to minimize the camper rock. We have a 2020 bullet 261rbs with electric stabizer jacks. I add a little more pressure to the jacks when the slide is out but still seems rocky.

There are several, in my mind, incremental way to minimize the sway/bounce.

First make sure the tires are aired to max pressure. 2) you can install x chocks between the tires and tighten them down - both sides, 3) keep the stabilizer extension short, don't extend them way down, 4) if that doesn't get you where you want to be install JT Strongarm or BAL lock arm stabilizers to provide extra sway support. I've used all of them and they help, but nothing eliminates it all.

DW taking pup out at 6am always jumped the trailer around. On the last one I bought an extendable support that went under the bottom step of the fold out steps that actually helped. This one has the Morryde steps that actually extend to the ground which eliminated that irritation.

Brantlyj
09-01-2020, 07:22 PM
I’ll second one of the various brands of locking arms.

I have three kids, 10, 7 and 5. I have recently camped with 2 more friends for a total of 5 girls doing what kids do. I installed BAL lock arms, two on each each stabilizer, and one each on the front. Money well spent. Even with all 5 kids movement is virtually eliminated.

NH_Bulldog
09-02-2020, 03:52 AM
We use the JT Strong Arms plus BAL Extended X-Chocks. With an active 7 year old and two 50 lb. English Bulldogs it really helps a lot, but you cannot eliminate 100% of the movement. Remember, you are primarily supported by 4 tires attached to axles with leaf springs, so there will always be some movement.

Bbouch84
09-02-2020, 07:20 AM
Ok everything makes sense so far but how will they work with the lci jacks like these.https://www.google.com/search?q=lippert+components+stabilizer+jacks&oq=&aqs=chrome.0.35i39l5.-1j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=imgv&imgv=0

Bbouch84
09-02-2020, 07:22 AM
These are the jacks i have

sourdough
09-02-2020, 07:40 AM
I had stabilizers similar to yours and the installation was a snap (except drilling through the frame). Look at the bolt on instructions in the link below and see if that clears things up.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vspfiles/assets/pdf/23216-Manual.pdf

flybouy
09-02-2020, 07:48 AM
They will mount on those stabilizers. Remember, they are stabilizers and not meant to "jack up" the frame. I installed the BAL arms on a previous trailer and it made it rock solid. Our current unit has the same stabilizers front and rear. I purchased another one and mounted it just forward of the front axle and it has really helped.

Between the use of X-Chocks on both sides, using step supports (https://www.rvpartscountry.com/RV-Step-Stabilizer-Jack-Support.html) , and the third stabilizer our camper is very solid.

Mikendebbie
09-02-2020, 04:10 PM
I had the same electric stabilizers on our 2017 Laredo 330RL. We used slideout stabilizers (pic below) on the two big (cable) slide outs and it helped a lot. These things are not intended to take any weight but I snugged them up under the outside corners just to the point where they would not fall over. I had a 2x4 in the top channel so there was a flat surface against the slideout frame. DW was pleased with the results. I have friends that have used the other suggestions in this thread with good results. If I had a do-over I would try the X-chocks first. No matter what you do the trailer is basically supported on bouncy balloons so I don’t know that it will ever feel like a sound concrete slab with no movement.

rohish
09-02-2020, 04:23 PM
These are the jacks i have

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29560&d=1599060115

I often wondered how much it would help to add another one right in front of the tires in the middle of my trailer.

BrooksFam
09-03-2020, 05:03 AM
If its rockin - well, you know the rest…… :whistling:

wburrow
09-13-2020, 09:39 AM

Sorry, don't have an answer for you, just wanted to say that we recently purchased the same model, and was hoping you could actually answer a question for me....

sourdough
09-13-2020, 11:05 AM
Sorry, don't have an answer for you, just wanted to say that we recently purchased the same model, and was hoping you could actually answer a question for me....

You might just send him a PM. It would probably quicker.

rlogan11
09-13-2020, 02:56 PM
Check out www.steadyfast.com - 866-4498-8754 or 661-496-4594 - This system works for great for my 2019 Cougar 5th Wheel.

Bill-2020
09-13-2020, 07:24 PM
X-Chocks on both sides, BAL lock arms on those stabilizers you posted also - we're nearly wiggle free with all that gear. (the X-chocks made the biggest difference, for what it's worth).