PDA

View Full Version : Main entry door out of alignment

ADQ K9
08-31-2020, 02:22 AM
Not sure how it happened, but in the 25 mile journey home the entry door got misaligned and is now hard to open and close. The bottom is striking the vertical frame, and it is hard to latch. It has a friction hinge but I see no damage to that side of the door. I can adjust the striker plate for the latch but it still binds on the bottom. Are there any other adjustments like to the hinge and how are they made?
If I knew how this happened it would be easier to fix but it is a mystery:facepalm:

dwall
08-31-2020, 02:28 AM
Is the camper level? When mine is set up if it’s not level my door will not close right and the deadbolt won’t lock.

ADQ K9
08-31-2020, 02:31 AM
Level fore and aft on the street. maybe 2 degrees off for crown of the road side to side Never has done this before

DocP
08-31-2020, 02:36 AM
Maybe this document from Lippert will help? I had a similar problem several years ago.

ADQ K9
08-31-2020, 02:46 AM
Thanks I will look at this later today and need to find a long straight edge and see if I can take and post some pictures

Mogal
08-31-2020, 11:35 AM
I don't want to instill any panic, but check the frame!!

These pics are from a 2017 Tracer Air 215 that I was looking to buy.
(I didn't buy for obvious reasons!)

The first symptoms of something wrong, was the stiff door.
After poking around, I found a busted frame.

Road King rider
01-21-2022, 07:33 AM
My 2018 Montana High Country door was getting harder and harder to close. The door was hitting the frame. I tried the 2x4 adjustment along with several other adjustments and nothing worked. The issue appeared to be the top hinge.
This morning I unscrewed the top hinge from the door just to see if I could find the problem. The top leaf of the hinge was frozen in place. Not sure how it happened but I couldn't move it even with pliers. I cut the hinge off as close as I could to the door with an angle grinder and the door works as it should. I will order a replacement hinge form Lippert.