PDA

View Full Version : Water leaks!!!

Papa of 7
08-29-2020, 09:50 AM
I now could hire on as a maintenance man for Keystone if I wanted a job. 😆 I just got back from Fall Creek Falls State Park here in Tennessee, I had a leak under the kitchen sink and tighted the cold water connection at the campsite. This morning I decided I needed to check the screw fittings on that sink and the bathroom sink. With the water off I tightened all of those, all but one was loose. After I turned the water on to see if I had stopped that leak I noticed the drain had a drip on the black pipe, I tightened those, they were loose as a goose. Then I saw a After discussing here about the black tank flush, I decided to tackle that thinking it was hooked up backwards, come to find out it was just loose also were in screws onto the diaphragm valve. It was also loose were it went through the camper wall, I pulled it out and tightened. My first post here a couple weeks ago was I had no 120V, but after great suggestions here I found a broken wire behind the electric panel. Btw this was a new 2020 Keystone Passport 2950bh purchased in June this year. I hope this information helps someone else!

sourdough
08-29-2020, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info.

In another post I opined about the fun of buying a new trailer and the opportunity it gave a new owner to explore every nook and cranny - that's because if you don't right up front those little gremlins are going to pop up and make you do it anyway! :D

I've never bought a new trailer that didn't have a water connection leak somewhere so I just crawl into/under every location where there is going to be a fitting and check them. Invariably (every time) there will be a connection, or several, loose. At least the black tank flush valve on this one, unlike others, was installed correctly and did not leak! Good luck and I hope all the gremlins have presented themselves and it will now be clear sailing.

Papa of 7
08-29-2020, 11:15 AM
And thanks again for all the help and support ��

chuckster57
08-29-2020, 11:53 AM
Your hired :D
If you buy new, a decent tech that does a proper PDI will check every water and drain connection before it’s delivered.

Yeah, yeah, I know..that means “doing your job”, not something a lot of new techs are wanting to do :facepalm:

Rant off.