PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Window!

Gordan D
08-29-2020, 07:01 AM
Came home yesterday and noticed that a window on the camper had shattered. Did a search on frameless windows and it looks like some of you were able to get them repaired by a local glass shop? Is that the best way? I've sent a note to Trekwood to see if they have them but while I wait for a response I figured I'd ask what others have done. I wasn't sure where to post this but since the camper is a Laredo 325RL 5th wheel, I figured I'd start here. Thanks for any assistance.

chuckster57
08-29-2020, 07:05 AM
Trekwood is going to sell you the entire window, and depending on the size shipping can be more than the window. Contact a local glass shop first. If you do have to replace the entire window, I would contact your local dealer and ask about having it shipped in a unit being delivered from the factory.

Gordan D
09-07-2020, 02:10 PM
Looking for the best place to purchase a frameless window, I can't get Trekwood to respond. I found one other place but they're looking at 4 to 6 weeks minimum. Local glass shops are no help. They tell me to bring the camper and they'll see if they can help. Any other thoughts on where to look?
Thanks.

JRTJH
09-07-2020, 04:46 PM
The "frameless window" is held in place with about 20-30 screws through a flange fitting on the inside of the trailer window opening that matches up with the "frame of the frameless window" on the outside of the trailer. You can remove the window from the trailer, cover the opening with plastic sheeting taped in place (DO NOT USE DUCK TAPE !!!) and then deliver the frame to a local window shop. They won't need the entire trailer to replace the glass as long as they have the window frame.... Their "first step" in replacing the broken glass would be to remove the frame from the window opening, so you're just helping them with their first step.....

Alternatively, the window is probably manufactured by Lippert. You can contact them through their website https://www.rvglass.com/ or call the "main Lippert customer support section at this link: https://store.lci1.com/contact-us The link will give you information to do a "web chat" an "email" or the phone number is on the link if you want to speak to a CS rep on the phone.