PDA

View Full Version : Thetford Portable Gray Water Tank

Mosnowman
11-06-2011, 09:54 AM
We generally camp at a corp Lake that requires hauling our own water due to no water hookups. I recently purchased a Thetford 35 gallon gray water portable tank to dispose of gray water.

Here's my problem..where do I attach this thing when I'm traveling? It won't fit in the camper storage area or in the tow vehicle which is a Ford Expedition. Any ideas on the best way to travel with it without the worry of a $200 tank blowing off? Thanks!

JRTJH
11-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Maybe inside on the floor of the RV and then take it out and store it under the RV when camping????

smiller
11-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Not sure if you have room but I've seen at least one post where someone made a bracket to store the unit on the underside of the rig which seemed like a nifty idea, but those were 5th wheels I think, not sure if a TT would have enough ground clearance.

hankaye
11-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Mosnowman, Howdy;

Can not remember where I saw it but on person had turned a hand truck into a bumper attachment (weilded it in place), then used straps to hold the tank in place till he arrived at his location.
If i can find it I'll post it here.

hankaye

SteveC7010
11-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Here is a link to a thread over on rvnet.net with several solutions to this challenge.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/21064960/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1

mikell
11-06-2011, 03:44 PM
For grey water I always use a 5 gallon bucket with a hole in the top for the short hunk of garden hose from the grey water line. A few 1/4" holes in the bottom usually takes care of the water. Legal in most states the bucket slows the drainage.