PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Outlets

DrKAJ
08-21-2020, 06:12 PM
I just took delivery on a new-to-me 2019 Bullet Crossfire 1750RK, and I'm over-nighting in it in the dealership's campground before towing it home. The dealership offers this option so the buyer can get thoroughly acquainted with their trailer and report any issues that arise overnight before leaving.

Everything is working great so far, nut there is one thing that has me mystified. I have found only two 110 volt outlets on the inside--one by the bed and one in the bathroom. There doesn't seem to be one in the kitchen, which seems really weird, especially since the power center in located in the kitchen.

Does anyone else think this is odd, or is it just me? Is this typical of Keystones? This is my third trailer, but my first Keystone.

flybouy
08-21-2020, 06:39 PM
Have you looked under the overhead cabinets?

DrKAJ
08-21-2020, 06:43 PM
Have you looked under the overhead cabinets?

You are a genius!

Thank you!

flybouy
08-21-2020, 06:48 PM
Genius? Hardly, that's where most kitchen outlets are located. It's easier for the factory to run the wire thru the cabinets than thru a laminated exterior wall.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your first "outing"!

wiredgeorge
08-21-2020, 08:47 PM
How the heck are you supposed to plug in a coffee pot? Or toaster?

flybouy
08-22-2020, 03:09 AM

Ours has two duplex outlets (4 plug ins) under the overhead cabinets that flank the light over the sink. With a fused cervical spine it's difficult for me to bend my neck to look. I plugged in a short powerstrip that lays on the countertop.

Papa of 7
08-22-2020, 03:58 AM
My coffee pot barely reaches, I have thought about a small extention cord with a extra plug on it.

KenG
08-22-2020, 03:59 AM
My wife simply used a plastic bin to raise coffee maker, it works great.

jrlola
09-25-2020, 01:28 PM
I had that same problem too. Look under the overhangs. There should be an outlet there. Very cumbersome and awkard to use.

KimNTerry
09-25-2020, 02:13 PM

Same silly setup on my unit with the outlet under the overhead cabinet.

I keep my toaster in the box it was packaged in and set my toaster on the box. Why do they only put an 12" cord on a toaster?

Hot water kettle barely reaches.

flybouy
09-25-2020, 03:40 PM
A simple solution is to buy a short extension cord. You can order them as short as 6", 1', or whatever you need.

QCMan
09-25-2020, 03:41 PM
So you can't accidentally drop it in the tub and get electrocuted. Purely a safety feature.

NH_Bulldog
09-25-2020, 03:56 PM
We must have a “fancy” model. I counted 10 duplex outlets on the inside of mine (and 12 USB ports). Reminds me of the time I opened a box of 6 frozen fish fillets and there were 7 inside, my joy was tempered by the knowledge that somewhere someone bought a box of 6 and only got 5. Now I almost feel guilty there are so many outlets. Damn, I better go have a drink.

Ddaddyo
11-15-2020, 02:13 PM
Use a Triple Tap cord, 3 outlets on a 12"-15" cord.

flybouy
11-15-2020, 02:18 PM
We must have a “fancy” model. I counted 10 duplex outlets on the inside of mine (and 12 USB ports). Reminds me of the time I opened a box of 6 frozen fish fillets and there were 7 inside, my joy was tempered by the knowledge that somewhere someone bought a box of 6 and only got 5. Now I almost feel guilty there are so many outlets. Damn, I better go have a drink.

You need a shirt with "We have a dozen USB ports some come see me if you need your phone charged!" printed on it.:lol:

LHaven
11-15-2020, 02:54 PM
My coffee pot barely reaches, I have thought about a small extention cord with a extra plug on it.

Our sink is set at an angle in a corner, and the kitchen outlet is deep in the corner, at the top of the triangle, where 5'4" DW simply can't reach it. The induction hotplate cord can't reach it from the range cover, either. So I added a 3' heavy-gauge power strip to keep both of them satisfied. It's the perfect length to fall into the dishwater.

I feel so much safer now. https://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1199&pictureid=7226

GordKey22
11-15-2020, 07:32 PM
Ours has been not too bad for 110vac plugs.
I may add a couple more, but so far not really needed yet.

One thing I have to do is add more USB charging ports.
We only have two by the door, above the counter.
I want to add a couple somehow in the slide out area and a couple more in the bedroom area.

LHaven
11-15-2020, 08:49 PM
Ours has been not too bad for 110vac plugs.
I may add a couple more, but so far not really needed yet.

One thing I have to do is add more USB charging ports.
We only have two by the door, above the counter.
I want to add a couple somehow in the slide out area and a couple more in the bedroom area.

Here's my answer. Zero installation effort, and a cute little blue nite-lite. (Click image for product page.)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71RsDLjIV+L._AC_SS350_.jpg (https://www.amazon.com/Charging-Essentials-Essantials-Outlet-White/dp/B07964T97S)

I pulled my microwave out tonight to see how hard it would be to mount a GFCI power strip on the side of its cabinet, above the side of the stove. Would be easy, but I thought better of it after I considered that that outlet/breaker is pretty much maxed out whenever the microwave is in use. But I did learn that the adjacent cupboard floor is a hollow raceway, so if I get ambitious, I could snake Romex to an existing kitchen outlet.