PDA

View Full Version : Peeling decals

DennyB
11-05-2011, 07:38 AM
I have a 38 foot 2008 Montana fifth wheel. Last year the decals began to peel. I contacted Keystone. They refered me to Burlington Graphics. They sent me some of the decals but they were the wrong ones for my trailer. I contacted Burlington again only to find out that they no longer offer the 2008 decals. I was told to order the ones for the 2006 model. This tells me there was a serious quality problem with the decals. I have sent two e-mails to Keystone in the last week with no reply. Does anyone know where I can get replacement decals. I would take all the decals off but the shadows are still prominent when the decal is removed.

I have good news for others with problem decals. I wrote Keystone customer service and included pictures of my trailer. They were gracious enough to provide me with almost a complete new set of decals. I received all the ones I requested. I will have to remove the old ones and install the new ones but I consider that a fair deal. I encourage you to follow up with Keystone and not give up.

hankpage
11-05-2011, 08:26 AM
DennyB, I have the same problem with my '07 Cougar. The front was so bad I had to remove them and the side that faces the sun most of the year is starting to shrink also. I had the same problem with my last trailer too and that was not a Keystone product. Like you said, if it wasn't for the "shadow" that remains I would be happy towing a big white box. The only solution I have seen is having custom paint and I am not willing to spend the $$$$$. JM2¢, Hank

SteveC7010
11-05-2011, 09:44 AM
DennyB, I have the same problem with my '07 Cougar. The front was so bad I had to remove them and the side that faces the sun most of the year is starting to shrink also. I had the same problem with my last trailer too and that was not a Keystone product. Like you said, if it wasn't for the "shadow" that remains I would be happy towing a big white box. The only solution I have seen is having custom paint and I am not willing to spend the $$$$$. JM2¢, Hank

Hank, I am wondering what a shop that does regular truck lettering would charge to replace the graphics, either in vinyl or paint.

My guess is that it might not be nearly as expensive as folks think.

If the vinyl on our '11 starts to deteriorate, that is the first place I am going to go.

hankpage
11-05-2011, 02:14 PM
I have a shop very close to me and I have considered asking, but I'll be darned if I'm going to pay to addvertise Keystone. If I'm paying I'll be towing a "Hank's Hacienda" or something like that ........ Don't get me wrong I love our Cougar but it is just the principle. :rolleyes:

antiqfreq
11-05-2011, 02:35 PM
After traveling fulltime for a year our front cap that said "Cougar" started to peel so the hubby took it off.

Now today I notice one of the side graphics (that DOES face the sun) is starting to peel. We are having our 36 ft RV port installed on Thursday and NOT a minute too soon !!

Jo

hankpage
11-05-2011, 03:29 PM
After traveling fulltime for a year our front cap that said "Cougar" started to peel so the hubby took it off.

Now today I notice one of the side graphics (that DOES face the sun) is starting to peel. We are having our 36 ft RV port installed on Thursday and NOT a minute too soon !!

Jo

Jody, I will be anxiously waiting to see photos of that RV port. Hank

Herap
11-07-2011, 06:03 PM
I really like the "Hank's Hacienda" idea!:bdance:

Ray

Hunter757
11-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I really like the "Hank's Hacienda" idea!:bdance:

Ray

Sounds like a great idea.

I just checked BGS.com and they have temporarily discontinued there Replacement Graphics Program. I hope they start it back up agian there seems to be a real problem with the way decals were made a few years ago and alot of people would like to replace them.
I got mine just in time our 5er is in the shop getting the front decals replaced this week.
On a side note I did hear that you can polish the front cap and this will help remove the outline of the old decal.

hankpage
11-07-2011, 08:40 PM
On a side note I did hear that you can polish the front cap and this will help remove the outline of the old decal.

I did use polishing compound and then a marine cleaner/wax and it looked great for a few months :) .... then the "Ghost of Cougar" returned. :( Someday I will get some kind of graphics for it. Maybe mañana, Hank

Railcop345
11-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. Keystone has acknowledged a problem with the decals on the 2008 Montana and I believe some others. I had mine peel, etc. and contacted Keystone. Don't recall her name but she was very helpful. She requested a picture of the problem and then sent replacement decals - free. Of course, the labor to remove/replace is on me. Call Keystone direct and ask for customer service.

Exsailor
11-27-2011, 01:41 PM
At American RVin olive branch MS told me that there was an issue with keystone "stickers" and replaced them on warranty. It is a significant issue, just read all these posts. I would fill keystone's inbox with feedback at the very least.