PDA

View Full Version : dual propane setup question

gwilkrrs
08-20-2020, 02:06 AM
2007 289bhs cougar. the PO had the left side tank out when we bought the rv, he was grilling with it. he put it back in the cabinet for us, but not connected. the set up was a single connection/regulator n right side with the crossover pigtail disconnected. I bought a dual tank auto change over and hooked it back up, on the left side there was a red regulator and pigtail hooked up to the black cross over pipe- I hooked it up and turned on the gas with the arrow directed at the right tank- the left tank regulator leaked so bad I could hear and feel it. I took it apart and saw it was connected with "in" from crossover pipe and "out" to tank. I turned it around and hooked it up and still leaked out of the hole...…

so the question is- is there supposed to be another regulator here to begin with or is the dual regulator the only one needed?
2. if needed what is the in and the out for this situation?

I was surprised with the bottle off on that side and the handle directed at the other tank that this side would be getting propane delivered to it at all.....

chuckster57
08-20-2020, 02:37 AM
If you have propane cylinders on opposite sides of the trailer, then that small red regulator has to be there. If it’s leaking, just replace it.

gwilkrrs
08-20-2020, 03:04 AM
ok- so its needed and needs replaced. install orientation would be with the in towards the tank or opposite with the out towards the tank?

I think it would be from the tank "in" to regulator and "out" of regulator to the crossover pipe to the dual regulator set up? or is that backwards? the regulator has "in" and Out"

flybouy
08-20-2020, 03:23 AM
ok- so its needed and needs replaced. install orientation would be with the in towards the tank or opposite with the out towards the tank?

I think it would be from the tank "in" to regulator and "out" of regulator to the crossover pipe to the dual regulator set up? or is that backwards? the regulator has "in" and Out"

The lp gas flows in one direction away from the tank. The gas goes OUT of the tank and IN to anything connected to it. More than one device, follow the direction of the flow.

chuckster57
08-20-2020, 03:58 AM
From cylinder IN to regulator and OUT to the cross over

Javi
08-20-2020, 05:41 AM
https://www.trailerlife.com/tech/diy/the-abcs-of-lpg/