PDA

View Full Version : Good old DMV

Ken / Claudia
08-19-2020, 11:13 AM
I have only been a resident of Idaho since July 1st. I have been taking vehicles to DMV 1 at a time for new titles, registrations and plates. 4 down and 1 to go so far.
My f350 was issued a "T" plate for non comm truck over 8,000 GWR according to the clerk. That's fine with me, empty it is 8400 lbs. GVWR is 11,500 lbs.
The clerk told me she would issue the DMV registration listing 16,000 lbs GVW. I was not to argue, but said that's way more than it's rated for. The reply was she could rate it higher if I paid more. They do not care as long as I pay for what I want.
Okay, they charge the same from GVW from 8,000 to 16,000 lbs. 83 bucks a year. In my mind they should use the rating on the Federal sticker she looked at moment earlier
Here's the rub, If I was working again and beleive any officer would if checked would issue me an over weight ticket for anything close to 16,000 lbs.
Really DMV is not doing the normal guy a favor. One could conclude that he could load his SRW F350 to 15,995 lbs and be safe and legal, heck DMV said so. I have not read current overweight cites, it used to be 100 bucks for every 1,000 over in Oregon.

flybouy
08-19-2020, 11:36 AM
Here in Maryland years ago they started to offer the "handicap hanging tag" to place on the rearview mirror. Out youngest daughter was 3 and had to have leg surgery so the doc signed off for the parking tag.

I left the doctor and stopped at the DMV. While standing in line I noticed the doctor had misprinted her birth year so it made her 103 years old. When I brought this to the attention of the "pleasant" lady behind the counter she asked me if I was trying to "pull one over" on her. I was about 32 yrs old and had her with me. I asked her how in the world I could be the father of a 103 year old CHILD! Yup, you caught me Miss Mensa Society, now what?

You can't fix stupid.