PDA

View Full Version : Auto trip NC to AZ, are hotels/motels booked?

rjsurfer
08-19-2020, 07:35 AM
Not taking the camper this trip so I'd like to know how hard will it be to get a motel room when we pull off Rte 40 on the way out.?

I'd rather just wing it rather than make reservations for each night.

Ron W

notanlines
08-19-2020, 11:40 AM
Since our country's 'lock down,' we have towed about 4000 miles and stayed in motels all but 3 nights, Florida/Georgia through the Tennessee/Minnesota/Missouri areas, and have never encountered a full motel except one night in Hope Summit, Missouri. The odds of your travels leading you through the metropolis of Hope Summit are I'm sure small, but should you lose your way and pass through, give Cameron's Country Cafe a try, and opt for the chicken fried steak.

rjsurfer
08-20-2020, 01:32 AM
Since our country's 'lock down,' we have towed about 4000 miles and stayed in motels all but 3 nights, Florida/Georgia through the Tennessee/Minnesota/Missouri areas, and have never encountered a full motel except one night in Hope Summit, Missouri. The odds of your travels leading you through the metropolis of Hope Summit are I'm sure small, but should you lose your way and pass through, give Cameron's Country Cafe a try, and opt for the chicken fried steak.

Thanks, good info.

Ron W.