PDA

View Full Version : Awning seperating from track

Bob R
08-15-2020, 02:39 PM
2019 Raptor 356 . I noticed the other day the frknt awning is coming loose from the track against the trailer. The trailer is still in Warranty but I am presently set up for long term. Is this a simple fix I can do and if it is how do I go about it? I am not really wanting to go through the hassle of finding service and getting to it. Or maybe i can talk Keystone into a mobile repair. Any how, anh help is appreciated.

bob

chuckster57
08-15-2020, 02:44 PM
Look at the other end, is the plastic bead hanging out? If it is you can try pushing it back in, but it’s really a two person job. One holds the fabric back in the rail while the other pushes it back in. Or you can cut the excess, use a small screw to “pin” the bead and then put the excess in the loose end. Again you’ll need to hold the fabric in the rail, and “pin” it. It ain’t easy, but I just did this repair last week.

Bob R
08-15-2020, 02:51 PM
Thanks, I think I see. This is the other end. Looks like a retaining rod has slipped back. Just need to get slack and attempt to push it back and secure it somehow.

bob

chuckster57
08-15-2020, 03:07 PM
Yup!! Roll the awning in until there is about a foot of fabric. Then just push the arm in, zip tie it and you should be able to push the fabric back into the rail by yourself.

mikec557
08-15-2020, 04:12 PM
2019 Raptor 356 . I noticed the other day the frknt awning is coming loose from the track against the trailer. The trailer is still in Warranty but I am presently set up for long term. Is this a simple fix I can do and if it is how do I go about it? I am not really wanting to go through the hassle of finding service and getting to it. Or maybe i can talk Keystone into a mobile repair. Any how, anh help is appreciated.

bob

I had this happen on my last camper. In the end I went to an RV repair/installer location near our campground. I was able to buy a 2ft piece of the plastic rod for cheap. In fact he may have just given it to me.

I was working by myself and while up on the ladder I accidentally leaned on the awning arm (while it was extended about a foot). I thought I was going to break it, but it turns out it moved easily and I was able to lean into it and use two hands to hold the fabric in and slide the new plastic rod into place.

Pretty easy fix. Put a set screw into it so it doesn't slide out.