PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Indiana

El Heffe Jeffe
08-13-2020, 09:04 AM
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are from Avon, Indiana. We just purchased a 2019 212RBS from a family member that lives in Texas. We've never seen it in person, so we've been doing a lot of research and You Tube videos.

Our plan is to meet up somewhere in Arkansas to take ownership and then we're off to Tennessee for a week to get acquainted with our new home away from home.

I appreciate all of the great advice and discussions on the forum.

Thanks,
EHJ

Gary R.
08-13-2020, 10:06 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have a good shakedown trip planned. Be sure to have your family member go over everything about the TT before you head to Tennessee.

Travel safe!

Gobirds38
08-13-2020, 12:03 PM
Welcome Have Fun and Enjoy!!!

Chris P
08-13-2020, 01:38 PM
Congratulations and Welcome from New Jersey, Safe travels

Firefighter1406
08-15-2020, 05:33 PM
Welcome, hope you have many memory filled trips in your future.

sourdough
08-15-2020, 05:41 PM
Although you aren't buying from a dealer it might be a benefit to print out the PDI list on this forum to at least give you some insight into what you need to check. If not familiar with an RV some of the things can be confusing.

Be sure and check out the operation of all appliances (especially hot water heater bypass and elec/LP operation), location of hwh, water pump, power panel, location of drains for waste tanks, low point drains, and fresh water tank drain.

If you are picking up "enroute" will the hitch work in your receiver? Is the receiver rated for it and be sure to have the tools to adjust the hitch if it won't fit your vehicle.

Good luck on the trailer and picking it up.

chuckster57
08-15-2020, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the forum:wlcm:

Danny has given you some great advice. Hope your happy with it and get lots of enjoyment.

flybouy
08-16-2020, 05:05 AM
Find a Walmart nearby. You will be making several trips for the "oh, we need/don't have" things. Unless they are throwing in all their "stuff" you're going to basically need all the stuff you use at home in the kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom.

Have fun and enjoy.