PDA

View Full Version : suburban sf 30f boiler

gwilkrrs
08-13-2020, 03:28 AM
I am trying to determine if my boiler is salvageable or will need replacement after a blow out entered the coach and chewed up the boiler.
the boiler was pulled from the floor and has a crushed case and broken motor. should I try to source parts or replacement? I have pulled the unit and capped the LP line inside for now.

flybouy
08-13-2020, 03:42 AM
That’s trashed. Add it to the insurance claim. You could start throwing parts at just to find the heat exchanger cracked, the burner tube split, who knows what else.

chuckster57
08-13-2020, 03:45 AM
That’s trashed. Add it to the insurance claim. You could start throwing parts at just to find the heat exchanger cracked, the burner tube split, who knows what else.

I agree, not worth it.

JRTJH
08-13-2020, 05:50 AM
If I recall, your trailer is a 2007 model, which means the furnace is 13-14 years old. Throwing money toward a new blower assembly for that age furnace will probably cost almost as much as a new furnace.... Even if you do find a "reasonably priced blower assembly, if that isn't the only damage, you're still facing a furnace with a 13 year old heat exchanger, exhaust system, control panel and ignition system....

It looks like there was an "internal explosion" that caused the damage. If so, will the new blower assembly be "safe from whatever caused the explosion" ????

It's time to bite the bullet and spend the money on a safe/reliable furnace and use what's left of the original as a boat anchor.....

gwilkrrs
08-14-2020, 02:44 AM
ok- i was hoping not to have to replace the unit as they are $500 or so...….
i do understand and agree with the age and questionable function prior to the damage tho-
the internal explosion was from a tire blow out coming thru the floor and the rubber beating this up....….

JRTJH
08-14-2020, 06:10 AM
If you have insurance on the trailer, call your agent. It should be covered under your comprehensive insurance. If no insurance, then, yep, time to shell out the $500. Thinking about it, if you've got $500 deductible, then it's a wash which way you go... In that case, check to make sure your rates won't increase if you file a claim for the furnace and the damage repair to the trailer.

Bill-2020
08-14-2020, 06:39 PM
Just curious what brand of tire destroyed your furnace?

travelin texans
08-14-2020, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't even think about trying to repair what's left of that furnace!!
It would take the better part of a day to try to beat the housing back into something that looked like a piece of crumpled aluminum foil, likely spend more on other parts than a new furnace & still look like it had been in a demolition derby.