PDA

View Full Version : oops!!!

German Shepherd Guy
08-09-2020, 11:33 AM
This week-end was a kicker for me. Friday, while out riding the Triumph motorcycle i encountered two doe using the pedestrian crossing on a blind curve near Telluride Colorado. Good news is the doe safely exercised their right of way. Bad news is I will be sometime laid up in my upgrades and repairs of my 26RBPR. The Triumph has moved on to motorcycle heaven and I, by the narrowest of margins, do not have to prove my oft stated opinion that I will end up in a somewhat warmer climate when i move on from this life.

This is about all I can manage at this moment.
Wishing everyone on the list health and well being.
Oak

sourdough
08-09-2020, 11:42 AM
Oak, sorry to hear of the mishap and wishing you a speedy recovery.

I know folks love their bikes, and I used to, but gave them up. More than enough things "out to get me" without adding anything else. Almost died from a fluke accident, got back out on them and rode in off road competitions for awhile to "get back in the saddle". Eventually sold all the bikes (highway and off road) after my buddy had a guy pull in front of him, tried to lay it down and lost his leg. That's when I decided it was time for a different adventure. Good luck on the recovery and the future RV repairs.

roadglide
08-09-2020, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear the collusion with a dear that is one of my fears I try to pretend like I’m hunting. When I ride that part of the country. I hit a feral pig in Rockport last year expect 200 pounds . Good thing I was going 5 miles an hour and wildlife refuge I knew game was there. The Pig ran out and I hit it. If you can imagine airbags going off around my bike we stopped and went back and rolled over . We were both scarred pretty deep elbows that was it. The damage done to the bike is nothing thanks to the engine guards a few months later I noticed one of the Lights did not work . It was covered under warranty they had never seen one LED light go bad road glide. we spent a week in Durango,Silverton the loop around 550. During the Fourth of July beautiful country with very little traffic .

Northofu1
08-09-2020, 12:09 PM
Sorry to hear, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Huntme
08-09-2020, 09:02 PM
sorry about the loss of your Bike,hope you heal up,I have Been there,5 or more times,lost 4 bikes,lived through all of the pain,poor Bikes,served me well.

LewisB
08-10-2020, 09:02 AM
Glad you survived, Oak. Speedy recovery!

Like Danny, we sold our last Harley, a 2014 tri-glide in 2019. At 70, I woke up one night with visions of the DW sliding down the asphalt at 80 mph...I figured it was time to let the younger folks who heal faster have a turn on our bikes.

The adrenaline rush is still present...so I found the perfect answer. It still fits in the toy hauler and the DW loves it! A Can Am Maverick Sport XRC rock crawler. Check out the link in my signature.

Brad

crk112
08-10-2020, 09:48 AM
So glad you are okay!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, we are thinking about you!

bobbecky
08-10-2020, 10:21 AM
Also glad it was deer instead of real pedestrians. Sounds like a real bad location for a crosswalk without having warning lights or a signal.

hankpage
08-10-2020, 10:25 AM
You lived up to the saying,"Sturdy as an Oak". It's a shame the bike did not Triumph also. I still miss the wind through my hair, The wind is still there it's the hair that's gone. All kidding aside, metal can be replaced, glad you are healing. Get well quickly and I fear you will not be alone in the afterlife, Hank

flybouy
08-10-2020, 12:44 PM
Hope you heal soon. I have a cousin that did 2 tours in Nam. First tour he would set on a bulldozer while a helicopter dropped him in the jungle to clear a landing base. He said he was just a bid metal target. They asked him to re up and he said not doing that again, army said o.k.
Second tour he spend on helicopter picking up the wounded. He again was a target. Two tours and not a scratch. He and a buddy had their bikes shipped to GA when they got home. Going thru mountains in WV he said heavy fog and he hit a cow in the road and went thru a barb wire fence. He spent about 6 months healing. After that he sold the Harley.