PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Retreat

Annalise
08-07-2020, 05:41 PM
We are brand new to RV’ing. We borrowed a friends and fell in love.

We’re looking for a “destination” trailer to park on a site at a campground and ideally not move.

We are considering the Keystone RV Retreat 39FLFT

We sort of rushed in without doing our due diligence. Once I stepped back to research a bit all I’ve read are terrible reviews on the Keystone Retreats. Bad quality, leaks, mould etc.

Does anyone actually have one? Reviews? Are there better brands of destination trailers out there?

Thanks for your help.

sourdough
08-07-2020, 06:07 PM
I do not have one. Recognize that any RV is going to have issues. What? You have to find them - hopefully sooner rather than later. Mold? I've never had that issue and as far as I know that would be a lack of diligence on the owner. Leaks happen in every trailer brand there is; they all require that the owner get involved right away in roof maintenance. If not, you WILL have those leak issues some have because they are unaware of the roof maintenance required - on all brands of RVs. RV = "repair vehicle"; know that up front.

QCMan
08-07-2020, 07:09 PM
Consider owning an rv continuing education. The longer you have one the more you learn. Lots of things you can fix yourself and some things you will leave to others to fix. Kind of like automobiles were in their early days. You never left home without tools and some spare parts. Unfortunately, rvs have not progressed out of that phase. It also does not matter if a unit sits in one spot its entire life or moves around a lot. Only difference is that the structure will not be shaken up and loosened but the mechanicals will need the same attention. Every production line has good units and bad units coming off of it. Don't sweat about it and enjoy whatever you get.