PDA

View Full Version : Furrion antenna with Weboost?

LegionAir
08-05-2020, 07:27 PM
As many other trailers, ours has been pre-installed with a Furrion Omni-directional Rooftop Antenna.
Is this antenna functional without purchasing the Furrion Access LTE WiFi router? Has anyone tried using the antenna connecting it into a cellphone booster?
I have purchased a Weboost Drive X booster and was curious if I can connect the existing Furrion antenna or if that’s just not compatible. Thank you in advance

rjsurfer
08-06-2020, 01:13 AM
Better check to see if that Furrion antenna is still on your roof, aren't they all being recalled and replaced with another brand antenna?

Ron W

JBCayman
08-06-2020, 06:17 AM
I bought a new 2020 Outback that came with the Furrion setup. As I understand it, it is proprietary and will only work with the Furrion router. I swapped out the default SIM with a Verizon SIM and works fine. We didnt want to do any additional drilling unless we definitely had to. I’ll update this post in a few weeks after really testing out the connectivity.

LegionAir
08-06-2020, 08:00 AM
I am not sure about a recall on the antenna rjsurfer? Just purchased the trailer 3 weeks ago from a dealership, so is it something?
JBCayman, are you saying there is a SIM card in the antenna? I’ll have to look into that

JBCayman
08-06-2020, 08:47 AM
SIM card is in the router...not the antenna. The router had to be purchased separately. Mine only came with a plastic cover. I verified through Keystone that it does not come with the router and therefore had to purchase which was about 350 +\- on Amazon. I was not made aware of these until after purchasing the RV. That part stunk.

The link that explains this is here:

https://knowtechie.com/how-to-swap-the-furrion-lte-wi-fi-router-sim-card/

LegionAir
08-06-2020, 12:20 PM
Yea that’s the same way mine was set up.
What I’m trying to figure out is if I can plug the Weboost cell booster into the Furrion antenna and have it act like a cell boost antenna?

uechikid
08-06-2020, 10:07 PM
SIM card is in the router...not the antenna. The router had to be purchased separately. Mine only came with a plastic cover. I verified through Keystone that it does not come with the router and therefore had to purchase which was about 350 +\- on Amazon. I was not made aware of these until after purchasing the RV. That part stunk.

The link that explains this is here:

https://knowtechie.com/how-to-swap-the-furrion-lte-wi-fi-router-sim-card/

I’ve been looking for this information for a while now. I’ve read all over the place that the Furrion WiFi router doesn’t have a SIM card.
This now offers some more options.
Thanks for posting.

uechikid
08-06-2020, 10:34 PM
Also, what type of SIM card does it use? I use am iPhone 11. Not sure it the card from my phone will be compatible.

uechikid
08-07-2020, 03:42 PM
JBCayman, What brand phones are you using?

JBCayman
08-09-2020, 10:23 AM
The router only takes Verizon as noted previously. I have an AT&T phone as primary a second unlocked iPhone 6.

uechikid
08-09-2020, 11:22 AM
The router only takes Verizon as noted previously. I have an AT&T phone as primary a second unlocked iPhone 6.

I just re-read the article that states that. Might only work with Verizon because Furrion uses Verizon's network.
Thanks.