PDA

View Full Version : Changing blow out

Ksupaul
08-05-2020, 05:22 PM
With the couple tire and blow out threads, what do you all use for jacks or device to get your blow out off the ground to change it on the side of the road? I have a couple Jack options with the TV but wondered if there is something better for dual axle trailers? Thanks.

Roscommon48
08-05-2020, 05:26 PM
what type of trailer? do you have self leveling? expand on your question.

sourdough
08-05-2020, 05:26 PM
Don't know the trailer or what jack options you have but I've used the Andersen Rapid Jack, another type of drive up jack, blocks, bottle jacks etc. What you need kind of depends on what the rig is.

Ksupaul
08-05-2020, 05:38 PM
Rig is a Cougar TT 34TSB. It does have the Ground Control 3.0.

Ksupaul
08-05-2020, 05:42 PM
Don't know the trailer or what jack options you have but I've used the Andersen Rapid Jack, another type of drive up jack, blocks, bottle jacks etc. What you need kind of depends on what the rig is.

Wow haven’t seen the Anderson Rapid Jack. If it works as advertised, that’s a sure way to go!

Gegrad
08-05-2020, 06:18 PM
I use a small Craftsman 2-1/2 ton floor jack, fits in its case about 2 feel long. Rapid rise.

flybouy
08-06-2020, 02:56 AM
Wow haven’t seen the Anderson Rapid Jack. If it works as advertised, that’s a sure way to go!

I have a Trailer Aid Plus which is great for changing a tire. It has a "saddle" the tire sets in so there's no "overshooting" by driving to far/off of the thing.

When the Anderson Levelers came out I bought 2 of them. They can be used to change a tire (by using one under the good tire). When I bought mine they didn't come with the rubber mats. They are the easiest, lightest way to level for the "average" site. If the one side is say 4"or more out of level then you are going to need more than just the levelers. The only down side is you need someone watching as it's easy to go to far and "fall off" the leveler.