PDA

View Full Version : Drilling A Hole Through Exterior Wall

uechikid
08-03-2020, 09:36 PM
I’m tired of messing with the KeyTv so I’m going to add a through the wall coax connector in the wall behind the tv. I don’t want to drill through a stud, so I’ve explored that wall with a stud finder but can’t seem to find many studs, or any studs. Checked from the inside too. It’s on a cabinet so it hard to work with.
My dilemma is, I don’t want to drill through a stud, wiring or plumbing. How have others determined where to drill?

wiredgeorge
08-04-2020, 04:44 AM
I drilled the hole for the RG6 to go through next to my entertainment center cabinet. Electrical wiring mostly goes through the ceiling and not walls and water lines below on the under belly. I have gotten to the point where I can pick out the location of studs by carefully observing the wall board on the inside and the chance of hitting a stud is kind of small anyway. Also, the hole has to be large enough to accommodate the RG6 connector but you can start with a teeny tine hole that can be easily caulked if you are not sure.

Big1
08-10-2020, 09:25 PM
What I did is I email cs to get the diagram of my fiver and they sent it to me and I was good to go. I had to drill a 4" hole for my washer and dryer and a hole big enough to run a coax cable behind my entertainment center but my fiver is a Jayco Eagle.

uechikid
08-11-2020, 12:01 AM
What I did is I email cs to get the diagram of my fiver and they sent it to me and I was good to go. I had to drill a 4" hole for my washer and dryer and a hole big enough to run a coax cable behind my entertainment center but my fiver is a Jayco Eagle.

Thank. I took care of it.