PDA

View Full Version : Weird Keystone Outback LOFT camper

wiredgeorge
08-01-2020, 03:34 AM
Saw one of these on my missus FB marketplace and looked it up and found this youtube video. Strange design and kind of neat. The salesman is the one you should whether your truck can pull it as he does mention it is a 1/2 tone towable; guy also sounds like he has had 11 cups of black coffee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GYDjxydyqs

Frank G
08-01-2020, 04:07 AM
How long before we read about the forgetful camper that forgets to lower the tower?

JRTJH
08-01-2020, 07:10 AM
A 31 foot "pop-up" with a 30 amp electrical system and a single air conditioner... I doubt you could keep that thing cool, even in "moderate temperatures"....

It would, however, be GREAT for NASCAR trips or even, if you can get into the center area, the Kentucky Derby site.....

Otherwise, talk about "roof leaks" YOWSER !!!!!!!

dutchmensport
08-01-2020, 12:20 PM
This one has been around for quite a while. Although offered, it never became popular. It was a short lived venture that was quickly abandoned. There may still be a few of them on the road. I never did find out how well they endured the long-run. I never heard of anyone actually owning one either.

wiredgeorge
08-01-2020, 12:54 PM
This one has been around for quite a while. Although offered, it never became popular. It was a short lived venture that was quickly abandoned. There may still be a few of them on the road. I never did find out how well they endured the long-run. I never heard of anyone actually owning one either.

Look on youtube... there is a 20 minute walk through by an owner taken by some bloggy type gal. He was real happy with his Loft camper and pointed out some of negatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_bqswk8E1M

IMASAP
08-01-2020, 03:16 PM
Honestly, I think the concept is pretty cool. Would I buy one today? No, because I'm petrified of leaks as it is. Think of a nice river, or lakefront site with that upper deck though.