PDA

View Full Version : Water drains...leaks at t fitting..

bigdave
11-01-2011, 03:59 AM
I have a 2007 Keystone Laredo..I have a sealed winter bottom the runs the whole length of the underside...I have owed several trailers before this and they always had two water drains underneath..don't see it on this one...could it they be under the cover? Were at? Also have a slow drip from a water line tee...tightened it..made it worse..any tricks on how to change one? Thanks, Dave!!:)

hankpage
11-01-2011, 04:53 AM
I have a 2007 Keystone Laredo..I have a sealed winter bottom the runs the whole length of the underside...I have owed several trailers before this and they always had two water drains underneath..don't see it on this one...could it they be under the cover? Were at? Also have a slow drip from a water line tee...tightened it..made it worse..any tricks on how to change one? Thanks, Dave!!:)

Dave, First let me welcome you to the forum. You did not say what model Laredo that you have, so it's hard to guess exactly where the low point drains are. There should be three short pieces of PEX tubing coming through the bottom covering. One is to drain the fresh water tank and the other two (not usually in the same area as the fresh water drain) may be very close to, if not over one of the axles. As for the tee, over tightening will also cause it to leak. These fittings are available at any RV store or can be replaced with standard ½" PEX fittings from a plumbing supply or "Home" store. I would first try removing the end that is leaking and re-inserting it to be sure it is not cross threaded. Be sure there is enough slack in the tubing if you are replacing with a different type fitting as you may need to trim some off to remove the old ones. JM2¢, Hank

bigdave
11-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Dave, First let me welcome you to the forum. You did not say what model Laredo that you have, so it's hard to guess exactly where the low point drains are. There should be three short pieces of PEX tubing coming through the bottom covering. One is to drain the fresh water tank and the other two (not usually in the same area as the fresh water drain) may be very close to, if not over one of the axles. As for the tee, over tightening will also cause it to leak. These fittings are available at any RV store or can be replaced with standard ½" PEX fittings from a plumbing supply or "Home" store. I would first try removing the end that is leaking and re-inserting it to be sure it is not cross threaded. Be sure there is enough slack in the tubing if you are replacing with a different type fitting as you may need to trim some off to remove the old ones. JM2¢, Hank

Hi Hank, my leaky fitting was just loose..tighten it once again and it stopped..found my low point drains..thx Dave!!