PDA

View Full Version : Water leak underbelly

ashley.
07-29-2020, 04:47 PM
Noticed a dripping of water from the underbelly to the ground. Not a lot, but enough to warrant some concern. Trailer is a 2018 cougar 29bhs. How would I first start to detect where the leak would be? Someone recommended a shower drain hitch but I can't find that?

chuckster57
07-29-2020, 05:51 PM
Water dripping from the underbelly can be any number of things. I would start by smelling it, if itís waste water, it should be easy to smell. Other than that you can fill all tanks until they read full. Wait a few hours or overnight and see which tank reads 2/3.

At that point you can start removing screws/rivets on one side in the area of the suspected tank and using a flashlight verify the leak. Where itís leaking and why will determine the repair.

ashley.
07-29-2020, 05:55 PM
It's definitely fresh water. No smell to it. We did have a toilet leak that we are now fixing. Unsure if that could be related?

chuckster57
07-29-2020, 05:58 PM
It's definitely fresh water. No smell to it. We did have a toilet leak that we are now fixing. Unsure if that could be related?

If it was the supply line that was the issue, it very well could be related.

ashley.
07-29-2020, 06:21 PM
I'm hoping it was the water valve that connected to the toilet needed replacing. Will fill up trailer and see if any new leaks occur.