PDA

View Full Version : Plugged in New Furrion Observation Camera - Nothing Happened...

SteveW2993
07-28-2020, 03:38 PM
I have a 2018 Passport GT 2670BH. Just bought a new Furrion S Observation Camera. Plugged it into the adapter on the display for power to pair - all works great.

Installed it on the trailer on the premount - good connection on the electrical connector - and no power. Hooked up the power from truck to the trailer, tried with clearance lights on, assuming it was powered from those - still nothing. Manual for trailer just says "follow camera's mfgr instructions for install. Not very helpful.

Anyone with a 2018 Passport GT that has a camera that could enlighten me on this? Is there a dedicated run from the power center on an unused DC fuse spot that runs the camera? Switch somewhere I haven't found yet? Appreciate any help - hoping to use it on a trip this coming Sun without having to take the trailer apart to find what it's hooked up to...

Tnx!
-Steve

chuckster57
07-28-2020, 03:50 PM
Since the power comes from the center clearance light, I would check the camera wiring. Not uncommon for the camera wires to be reversed.

tech740
07-28-2020, 07:10 PM
Since the power comes from the center clearance light, I would check the camera wiring. Not uncommon for the camera wires to be reversed.

Yup, that’s what happened with mine. The light is specific for polarity but the camera is.

Old Mustanger
07-28-2020, 07:14 PM
My camera power was not connected to the lights, it is on any time the battery disconnect is closed. Is your battery disconnect closed (on)?

SteveW2993
07-29-2020, 01:31 AM
My trailer has no battery disconnect, so power is always on. Looks like I’ll need to pull the center marker light and see what’s attached to the wiring.

tech740
07-29-2020, 06:40 AM
My trailer has no battery disconnect, so power is always on. Looks like I’ll need to pull the center marker light and see what’s attached to the wiring.

Just pull the camera and swap the wires.

Getn off
07-29-2020, 09:30 AM
This may, or may not, help.
I ran into this recently on my new Cyclone. Couldn't figure it out. Turns out, it is wired direct to the fuse block near the battery. It has its own red inline fuse. Fuse looked good, but was indeed bad. Replaced with a new one and all is well.
Worth a try anyway.
Or check power at the cam on the trailer and go from there.
Troy

jsb5717
07-29-2020, 10:10 AM
I would pull the light and put a meter on the wires to check for power and polarity

SteveW2993
07-29-2020, 10:22 AM
“ I ran into this recently on my new Cyclone. Couldn't figure it out. Turns out, it is wired direct to the fuse block near the battery. It has its own red inline fuse. Fuse looked good, but was indeed bad. Replaced with a new one and all is well.”

I do have a red in-line fuse near the battery that I have no idea what it’s for. I’ll check that. Tnx.

I wish I had a spare 2.5 mm plug like what’s on the camera to put on the female end on the trailer so I could see if it has any power at all... no way the probes on my fluke meter are getting in there....

Getn off
07-29-2020, 10:45 AM
Make sure to check that fuse with a meter, or replace. Mine visually looked fine.
Troy