PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Cable TV

Mongoose9400
07-20-2020, 03:07 PM
First time trying to connect cable TV up at a campground. I have a Raptor 3513P.

I have two unlabeled coax cable inputs on the outside.
I have the booster switch turned off.
I switched the TV to Cable and did a channel scan, nothing.
I’ve tried both inputs on the outside of the trailer and rescanned for channels, nothing still.

I’ve been able to pick up Air channels no problem since brand new for the last two years. I just switch TV to Air and scan, and then I have TV channels to watch.

What am I missing to get cable to work?

wiredgeorge
07-20-2020, 03:14 PM
First time trying to connect cable TV up at a campground. I have a Raptor 3513P.

I have two unlabeled coax cable inputs on the outside.
I have the booster switch turned off.
I switched the TV to Cable and did a channel scan, nothing.
I’ve tried both inputs on the outside of the trailer and rescanned for channels, nothing still.

I’ve been able to pick up Air channels no problem since brand new for the last two years. I just switch TV to Air and scan, and then I have TV channels to watch.

What am I missing to get cable to work?

In this case, the year of your camper may make a difference. Put your year, make and model as well as your tow vehicle info in your signature and this will alleviate folks having to ask.

I would suggest, it if is easy to do so, to take a TV outside and connect it directly to the campground cable and repeat your scan to determine if your camper's wiring is the issue or the campground cable may be the issue or it might point out some operator error. If you are doing a scan when the mode of your TV is set to cable that is the least likely culprit. If your wiring is the culprit seems like it would be best to try and isolate other possible issues before digging into wiring.

Mongoose9400
07-20-2020, 04:10 PM
In this case, the year of your camper may make a difference. Put your year, make and model as well as your tow vehicle info in your signature and this will alleviate folks having to ask.

I would suggest, it if is easy to do so, to take a TV outside and connect it directly to the campground cable and repeat your scan to determine if your camper's wiring is the issue or the campground cable may be the issue or it might point out some operator error. If you are doing a scan when the mode of your TV is set to cable that is the least likely culprit. If your wiring is the culprit seems like it would be best to try and isolate other possible issues before digging into wiring.

I guess my signature doesn’t post from the mobile version. Updated to show signature with details.

Customer1
07-20-2020, 05:55 PM
Turn off the antenna booster

Mongoose9400
07-20-2020, 06:23 PM
Turn off the antenna booster

It’s off. Doesn’t solve the problem.

flybouy
07-20-2020, 06:40 PM
I'd suggest getting a 50' coax cable. Run it directly from the pedestal to the TV. Run the scan and see if it's the pedestal connection. If it works, then you have some wire tracing to do. The cable doesn't cost that much and if you stay in cg you will need it one day.