PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 429 Garage Flooring

kovacsmw
07-20-2020, 02:09 AM
Loaded up a single jet ski with trailer. Upon getting to my destination, one of the trailer tires were half way through the garage floor. This should be covered under warranty right?

chuckster57
07-20-2020, 02:43 AM
Welcome to the forum:wlcm:
It would depend on a couple factors. First off when did you purchase the RV?

kovacsmw
07-20-2020, 03:01 AM
Hi I just purchased 2 months ago. Thanks

chuckster57
07-20-2020, 03:16 AM
I would definitely take it in if you bought it new.

slow and steady
11-29-2021, 04:53 PM
I know this is an old post but I had a couple of questions. Did they cover your floor damage under warranty? What do you think the weight of your jet ski and trailer was? I was wondering because I may end up putting some sort of plates to spread the weight out if I load anything heavy. Hopefully you got taken care of. Thanks

Lucky1
01-20-2024, 09:55 AM
My Raptor 429 has sagging spots in garage where the front wheels of my 2 seat rzr rest. The weight on each font wheel is around 400 lbs. Shouldn't the floor be able to hold that weight without sagging.

JRTJH
01-20-2024, 10:23 AM
My Raptor 429 has sagging spots in garage where the front wheels of my 2 seat rzr rest. The weight on each font wheel is around 400 lbs. Shouldn't the floor be able to hold that weight without sagging.

Welcome to the forum. This is just "my opinion on your question and not the only answer you'll get.

There's a significant difference in "static weight" and "dynamic weight". When you measure 400 pounds on each front wheel while the RV is sitting still, the floor can/should easily support that weight. But, since the garage is in the rear, when you're towing, that part of the trailer bounces quite a bit and can "slam the front wheels into the floor causing 3 or 4 or even more times that 400 pounds to be exerted on the flooring.

Then, depending on how you tie down the RZR for transporting, you might add insult to injury. Not saying you do, but if you strap down the body of the RZR rather than strap down the wheel/tires of the RZR, you eliminate any "cushioning affect" that the RZR suspension might add to reduce some of that slamming.

So, there's a lot of factors that go into "how much weight each front wheel exerts on the floor". Depending on how and where you tow, how you secure the RZR, what kind of tie down devices you use, and, to an extent, what type of suspension you have on your tow vehicle and how much pressure you have in the tires on the trailer can all add to or detract from the amount of weight the RZR exerts on the floor.