PDA

View Full Version : Thin shade

QCMan
07-18-2020, 07:25 PM
I am curious if anyone has come up with a solution for raising and lowering the door shade without opening the door and going outside. Thin shade is a great idea that is missing that feature. Thanks for any commercially available or diy ideas.

LewisB
07-19-2020, 07:09 AM
I am curious if anyone has come up with a solution for raising and lowering the door shade without opening the door and going outside. Thin shade is a great idea that is missing that feature. Thanks for any commercially available or diy ideas.

This is a great question. We have two of these on our Raptor and it's a pain - to change the shade (open or close), you have to open the door, go outside and close the screen door, change the shade, then go back in:banghead:

We need a screen door with a zipper that would allow changing the shade "through" the screen door...

JRTJH
07-19-2020, 07:32 AM
There is a solution, but "it ain't cheap"....

https://www.amazon.com/CloZures-Controls-Privacy-Outside-fingertip/dp/B07FDKJFHD

LewisB
07-19-2020, 07:58 AM
Nifty response! Our existing shade raises & lowers horizontally. The picture gives me an idea - could I somehow connect a hanging rod (think a drapery rod) to the lower horizontal bar on my current shade and use the same screen door latch opening to push the shade up & down? I'll have to explore that!

Thanks for the feedback!
Brad

QCMan
07-19-2020, 08:05 AM
JRTJH: I installed that on my last trailer and it was great as the door was right at the end of the bed and let in way too much light with no visibility due to the textured glass. This unit came with the shade installed and I was wondering if some of the clever folks on here had figured out a fix yet.

24mileboy
07-19-2020, 08:18 AM
Ordered two thin shades yesterday and can’t wait to get them installed! Thanks for the thread on them.

Ken / Claudia
07-19-2020, 05:46 PM
I only installed the shade on the bedroom door and leave the shade closed. For the main door, I had a shop add dark tint on the glass mainly thinking the thin shade may not last to long when exposed to direct rain. Bedroom door is not normally used. On my trailer the large dinning table window is beside that door and when I want to look outside I raise that shade.

Customer1
07-19-2020, 06:07 PM
I installed the shade in each door, I purposely installed them upside down.

We generally have them about 3/4 closed which allows us to see out over the shade but people outside on the ground cannot see in.

To strictly answer your question, remove the screen. :cool: