PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion 429

Dale Allen
07-18-2020, 05:18 AM
Anyone have issues with their Fuzion 429 center a/c? The center unit runs constantly to cool the main area of the RV. I've taken it to the dealer and was told the unit is working properly. The location of the return is above a loft sleeping area which is empty and not restricted at all. I really think the unit is in a bad location. Any thoughts?

JRTJH
07-18-2020, 06:28 AM
You were complaining of the same "main A/C doesn't cool properly" last year in May. Have you checked the ductwork from (and around) that A/C unit for cool air leaks? The majority of RV A/C's that I've seen required duct tape placement to seal excessively large air leaks in both the air box and in the duct runs. EVERY ceiling vent in my Cougar leaked most of the cold air into the ceiling rather than pushing it out into the cabin, the main air box divider (that separates the cold air discharge from the hot air return was "dislocated" which allowed all the cold air from the A/C to be "sucked back into the hot air return" causing it to just "spin its wheels and do nothing"...

If you haven't done the "owner stuff" (forget relying on the dealer's prep guy to fix it) then it's likely the same as it was when you bought it.

Also, Keystone has a 1 year warranty, your posts about taking delivery are dated "around May, 2019" so chances are you're not going to get "warranty repairs" for most of the problems. At the dealership hourly rates, you can expect a pretty hefty repair bill for them to keep working on it, especially if they say it's working properly. That "endorsement that nothing's wrong" will certainly cause Keystone to refuse any warranty payment.

What have you done to fix it yourself? or have you just relied on the dealership to "have your back" ?????

Dale Allen
07-18-2020, 01:18 PM
Thanks for your reply John, I'll dig a little further