PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Passport Ultra lite Elite front and rear delamination

SteveG
07-17-2020, 07:35 PM
Purchased my first trailer and thought all was good. Very happy with interior and finishes and great lay out. Unfortunately have started to notice front and rear panels are soft . Rear panel has separated completely at the top and seems to have buckled so hard to push back.
Any advise other than get rid.

wiredgeorge
07-18-2020, 06:36 AM
Steve, your model info in your signature is a place to start when seeking help. I think there are more than one Passport models made in 2013. Second, pictures of the damage would be a great way for more experienced folks to judge what advice should be given. Sounds like routine roof maintenance (sealing) may not have been done and that would be the place to start once the "soft panels" have been addressed. Not sure how the fiberglass or whatever your trailer is covered in can get soft so pics would really help.

SteveG
07-19-2020, 11:56 AM
Thanks for your response wiredgeorge. I have a 2013 Passport Ultra lite Elite 23RB. I have attached some photos. I used some Aluminum Chanel and screwed it into the wall studs to pull the exterior skin back into place. The panel was very buckled in this area and I noticed that the centre riding light protrudes from the back of the panel right where the centre wall stud is hence the panel would not have been tight to the stud from day of manufacture:(