PDA

View Full Version : Connecting grill to tt quick connect

Kaptn Krabby
07-16-2020, 06:04 PM
Hay all...
I would like to be able to connect my propane grill to the quick connect on the tt. The grill has a regulator/flame adjustment knob. Has anyone figgered a work around?

Bill-2020
07-16-2020, 06:53 PM
They make adapter hoses for that setup. BUT! The trailer LPG is already regulated down at the tanks, and then it has to go through the regulator on the grill you have. I use a cheap $20 walmart grill, similar to yours. There is no adjusting the flame. It's on low and that's how we use it. Works, just doesn't cook as hot or as fast as if the 1lb bottle was attached. They make "low pressure" grills that are specific to trailer use and work as you would expect. They start at about $120 I think. As fast as grill burners rust out, I just buy a new walmart each year for $20. Easy come ,easy go.

(Oh, the hose was about $40 at CW when I purchased the trailer)

JRTJH
07-16-2020, 07:30 PM
There is a thread in the Modifications section of the forum that is specifically dedicated to instructions on how to do exactly what you're attempting to do.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9739

NH_Bulldog
07-17-2020, 03:39 AM
Unless you have the right kind of grill with the right kind of “plumbing” that can be modified, the low pressure of the RV system is lowered even more by the grill regulator to the point where it’s like cooking over a candle. From the looks of the regulator/connection on your grill it is unlikely that it can be modified to work right. You would need to be able to eliminate that part altogether, but because that is a connector, regulator and flame control all in one it would render the grill useless. If you want to spend $85 for a grill, NexGrill has a portable option that is easily and cheaply modified to run direct from the RV with a QC fitting and hose.

flybouy
07-17-2020, 06:09 AM
You can get a T adapter and high pressure hose to put in between the LP tank and the regulator but by the time you buy that you've probably exceeded the cost of buying a low end grill that you can connect to the camper's low pressure system.

Years ago with a previous camper that did not have the quick connects I used a Coleman Roadtrip grill that used the 1 lb. bottles. I bought a high pressure hose and a small 5 lb. LP bottle. That bottle would last me the entire summer but the grill was a back breaker to lug around.

I'd suggest you find a grill that you can buy the low pressure kit for and go from there.

B-O-B'03
07-17-2020, 08:12 AM
I removed the regulator on my Weber Q and replaced it with a quick connect fitting, if your regulator is threaded on, you can do the same thing.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=799&pictureid=6236

I also installed a quick connect coupler on the regulator and bought a 1 pound to 25 pound tank host, so I had the option of using the grill at home.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=799&pictureid=6235

-Brian