PDA

View Full Version : New place to dump black tanks

Carrottop
07-15-2020, 06:13 AM
Hello All,

Saw this article this morning and started laughing. This is a new one for me, I have never heard anything so ridiculous.

I thought everyone would enjoy. As long as you did not buy gas there.:ermm:

https://vocm.com/2020/07/14/rv-driver-mistakes-fuel-tank-for-dumping-station/

rhagfo
07-15-2020, 06:30 AM
It truly can’t be fixed!!! :facepalm:

notanlines
07-15-2020, 07:45 AM
I learned relatively early that in life, "You truly NEVER have seen it all!"

flybouy
07-15-2020, 08:07 AM
They don't teach common sense in schools. Like water, electricity, natural gas, and even food on the grocery shelves so many people have no concept how it get's there, it's just "there".

I would be curious if anyone asked him why he picked the color of the cap that he did. Maybe he thought it was a new symbol for waste recycling.:lol:

JRTJH
07-15-2020, 08:14 AM
Sad part is: There were probably a couple of kids in the back seat with their head down, thumbs on the screen, oblivious to their surroundings that learned nothing during the event.... History will likely repeat itself when they "move out on their own and decide to buy a self contained RV, to have "fun like when we used to go camping with mom and dad.... Of course, by then, there may no longer be any "disosaur sized vehicles or RV's" and no gas stations... It would be hard to dump the holding tank into an electrical outlet charger station......

wiredgeorge
07-15-2020, 09:33 AM
There is nothing illegal about stupid except the law of natural selection.

This might be helpful for those gettng the urge to dump their black tank into a fuel tank.... https://www.rvdumps.com/

flybouy
07-15-2020, 10:15 AM
George I belong to this site http://www.poi-factory.com/poifiles/us/red-light-cameras You have to pay for the red light and speed camera but if don't you can download all kinds of points of intersts to your gps including dump stations.

Pull Toy
07-15-2020, 10:58 AM
I could probably say something about cr*ppy fuel mileage... but , never mind, I drive a diesel LOL.

Good Luck,

wiredgeorge
07-15-2020, 11:17 AM
George I belong to this site http://www.poi-factory.com/poifiles/us/red-light-cameras You have to pay for the red light and speed camera but if don't you can download all kinds of points of intersts to your gps including dump stations.

Never use a dump station; camp at parks with sewers and don't boon dock. In the event I do want a dump station I have modified a septic tank lid (#1 tank) with a clean out/cap. My current lids are round/plastic but have enough screws to make removal a bit of a chore.

flybouy
07-15-2020, 12:07 PM
Never use a dump station; camp at parks with sewers and don't boon dock. In the event I do want a dump station I have modified a septic tank lid (#1 tank) with a clean out/cap. My current lids are round/plastic but have enough screws to make removal a bit of a chore.

Haven't you heard George? The "new normal" is to dump the black tank while you gas up!:lol:

CedarCreekWoody
07-15-2020, 01:16 PM
I could probably say something about cr*ppy fuel mileage... but , never mind, I drive a diesel LOL.

Good Luck,

Winner winner, chicken dinner! This is the best response. Lol

wiredgeorge
07-15-2020, 03:12 PM
Haven't you heard George? The "new normal" is to dump the black tank while you gas up!:lol:

Don't gas up. I have a powerstricken deeeeesel. I deeeeeesel up.

rlh1957
07-23-2020, 08:23 AM
Cousin Eddie said just to put the hose down the storm drain where your parked!

crk112
07-23-2020, 02:10 PM

Merry Christmas!

Eastham
07-23-2020, 02:34 PM
It would of been nice if the person who was watching him do it .would of said something to him befor he dumped his load.it probably would of saved everyone a lot of time and money.

sfem192
07-23-2020, 05:56 PM
Maybe an idea for “What would you do”?:hide:

skids
07-24-2020, 05:37 AM

Cousin Eddie must be good friends with Sarah Palin. Haha.

flybouy
07-24-2020, 05:57 AM
It would of been nice if the person who was watching him do it .would of said something to him befor he dumped his load.it probably would of saved everyone a lot of time and money.

According to the article the witness notified the attendant immediately. I can't blame the witness for not approaching the guy doing this. What if he was PO'd at the station and angry? Maybe the witness was 85 years old and the "dumper" was 30 and looked intimidating. Or maybe, the witness was at the counter paying for a cup of coffee and told the cashier to "turn around and look at what that guys doing".

We shouldn't judge people when we don't know the full story. JMHO