PDA

View Full Version : Keystone

DKan6058
07-10-2020, 09:58 AM
Hello to all,

Looking to purchase a new trailer. Was looking at the Hideout, Sprinter or the Outback. Looking for some input pro's and con's of these models or the Keystone product in general.

Thanks

Dave

JRTJH
07-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Hideout travel trailers are wooden frame trailers. Hideout fifth wheels are a "hybrid frame" (part aluminum/part wood). Sprinter and outback are aluminum frame trailers. Sprinter is a "wide body" (in some models).

Price "entry points": Hideout is an entry level trailer (cheaper with less expensive components)

Sprinter and outback are "mid price point". Depending on the dealer, time of year and "buyer demand" many RV trailers are sold at 30-40% off MSRP... When you get right down to it, there is no "manufacturer's sticker" so the MSRP is often "whatever the dealer establishes for the unit. So, they mark them up, then give you a "big discount" and convince you that you just got "the best deal this year on one of our RV's".....

Shop wisely, find a quality dealer, a workable floorplan and expecially important, a service department that is competitent and reliable.

sourdough
07-10-2020, 10:33 AM
As John pointed out, shop and compare. MSRP from dealer to dealer can vary widely. The bottom line generally comes down pretty close. There may be a little variance if you try to deal on the same unit between east and west areas.

I could give you several personal examples but the most recent was the trailer I have now. Started dealing on it prior to the end of 2019. Made a deposit on it sometime in January. Signed papers first week of March.

I pulled this particular trailer up almost every day studying it to determine what I wanted to have done to it. It always came up with the msrp right up front. About February I was still in FL (bought in TX and had paid the deposit along with working out all the details of the deal). Pulled up the trailer and BOOM the msrp was suddenly 10k more than it had been! I almost flipped out. Called the GM and he said not to worry, they were just making "price adjustments" and my deal wasn't affected. I will say I was using bottom line figures obtained in FL to negotiate his price. So, do some shopping and comparing of bottom lines vs msrp.

Northofu1
07-10-2020, 11:25 AM
You won't get two better pieces of advice than that.
Coupled with a 3/4 ton if you're still in the 8k GVWR range.

travelin texans
07-10-2020, 01:40 PM
Match whatever rv you want to the truck you have, unless you plan to get more truck soon. If upgrading the truck soon, skip the 3/4 & go 1 ton so you're ready for the next rv upgrade.
Makes for a very poor rv towing experience if you get too much rv with too little truck. This seems to be the norm the past few months judging by the number of newbies on here looking for advice on towing their XX' trailer with their 1/2 ton truck or SUV, too many listening to the rv salesman.

DKan6058
07-10-2020, 01:46 PM
I knew my truck would not do a whole lot. To be honest I thought it would do more then what it shows. But like they say go big or go home!! Lol. Looking at a 3500 on Tuesday!

Bill-2020
07-10-2020, 05:22 PM
.... Pulled up the trailer and BOOM the msrp was suddenly 10k more than it had been! I almost flipped out. Called the GM and he said not to worry, they were just making "price adjustments" and my deal wasn't affected. I will say I was using bottom line figures obtained in FL to negotiate his price. So, do some shopping and comparing of bottom lines vs msrp.

Sounds almost like my experience except it didn't work out as well- ordered the 2020 1/2 Passport with the rear door through the only dealer in the area (yeah... CW :banghead:). Put down the required special order deposit, waited 4 weeks for build and delivery, delivery day came, PDI went well, sat down and showed the finance guy where one of their other dealerships had the exact same model already on the lot for $1000 less... I wanted a grand off the deal. Finance guy went and got the GM. GM said no way he can match it, even if it was the same company store. Had I not put down a grand for the deposit 4 weeks earlier I would have walked off and driven the 6 hours to the other CW. I did email the big guy (Marcus Lemonis) when one of those emails came in about "If you're not happy, I'm not happy. Contact me." Sent the details in an email. His "office" called me few days later, I discussed the issue I had with a nice lady. In the end they basically said there's nothing CW will do. And I replied over the phone that I'd never buy again.

So it's very important to be comfortable with your selling dealer, Dave. I should have thought twice and driven further but that $1000 off wasn't showing until 3 weeks after I ordered it. That gut feeling was there from the beginning and I should have listened more.

DKan6058
07-10-2020, 05:27 PM
I hear ya, sometimes our mind out thinks our gut feelings and in the end, its aways our wallet that pays for it. Thanks for the advice though. It will re-enforce me to double think and sleep on it!!

sourdough
07-10-2020, 05:56 PM
Sounds almost like my experience except it didn't work out as well- ordered the 2020 1/2 Passport with the rear door through the only dealer in the area (yeah... CW :banghead:). Put down the required special order deposit, waited 4 weeks for build and delivery, delivery day came, PDI went well, sat down and showed the finance guy where one of their other dealerships had the exact same model already on the lot for $1000 less... I wanted a grand off the deal. Finance guy went and got the GM. GM said no way he can match it, even if it was the same company store. Had I not put down a grand for the deposit 4 weeks earlier I would have walked off and driven the 6 hours to the other CW. I did email the big guy (Marcus Lemonis) when one of those emails came in about "If you're not happy, I'm not happy. Contact me." Sent the details in an email. His "office" called me few days later, I discussed the issue I had with a nice lady. In the end they basically said there's nothing CW will do. And I replied over the phone that I'd never buy again.

So it's very important to be comfortable with your selling dealer, Dave. I should have thought twice and driven further but that $1000 off wasn't showing until 3 weeks after I ordered it. That gut feeling was there from the beginning and I should have listened more.

After my first year or so getting acclimated to CW and making them acclimate to me I've had no issues. In fact stellar results compared to the other dealers. But that took a tremendous amount of time doing what I do.

If you in fact ordered a unit from a dealer with an agreed deal, made a deposit upon reaching a deal then looked for a better deal and then hit up the selling dealer to match it is unacceptable. Getting upset about it is not right either. Look first. Research and deal first. Once agreed your are bound, and should be, to your agreement. Marcus (his office) was right to refuse your request.

CW had nothing to do with your failure to do due diligence IMO. Buying a unit 6 hours away vs buying one locally for a $1000 difference would be a show stopper for me in the first place. Sorry

Bill-2020
07-10-2020, 06:21 PM
After my first year or so getting acclimated to CW and making them acclimate to me I've had no issues. In fact stellar results compared to the other dealers. But that took a tremendous amount of time doing what I do.

If you in fact ordered a unit from a dealer with an agreed deal, made a deposit upon reaching a deal then looked for a better deal and then hit up the selling dealer to match it is unacceptable. Getting upset about it is not right either. Look first. Research and deal first. Once agreed your are bound, and should be, to your agreement. Marcus (his office) was right to refuse your request.

CW had nothing to do with your failure to do due diligence IMO. Buying a unit 6 hours away vs buying one locally for a $1000 difference would be a show stopper for me in the first place. Sorry

My stance is this - The selling dealer was CW. The better priced same unit was also at CW, 6 hours away (we would have made it a shakedown trip driving that far). I feel that the GM knew he had me. There were many other poor dealer actions on this deal that I did not get into (too long winded) because this was not the subject of this post. Don't be sorry, we agree to disagree. After being treated the way I was treated after the deposit, I simply won't do business with them again. I expected better out of a major corporation. I'll take my money elsewhere. It's a simple as that. I'd be happy to PM on this if you're interested in the additional details, just drop me line.:)

Bill-2020
07-10-2020, 06:26 PM
I hear ya, sometimes our mind out thinks our gut feelings and in the end, its aways our wallet that pays for it. Thanks for the advice though. It will re-enforce me to double think and sleep on it!!

One of the most enjoyable things is going to look at them and all the options of the different units. We enjoy the RV shows just to window shop. But those haven't been going on since CV reared its ugly head.

Enjoy your hunt for the just right one!

Bill

chuckster57
07-10-2020, 06:28 PM
As a tech that works on RV’s I can give you this advice. Spend some serious time in any unit your interested in. Open cabinets, look at the trim. Check the corners for squareness. DO NOT BUY any unit without putting hands AND EYES on it. Note the stock number or last 8 of the VIN if you don’t negotiate a deal right then.

Two units built one after the other can have significant quality differences. Make sure you verify everything is working BEFORE you sign, and that’s for any brand or model you choose.

sourdough
07-10-2020, 07:27 PM
My stance is this - The selling dealer was CW. The better priced same unit was also at CW, 6 hours away (we would have made it a shakedown trip driving that far). I feel that the GM knew he had me. There were many other poor dealer actions on this deal that I did not get into (too long winded) because this was not the subject of this post. Don't be sorry, we agree to disagree. After being treated the way I was treated after the deposit, I simply won't do business with them again. I expected better out of a major corporation. I'll take my money elsewhere. It's a simple as that. I'd be happy to PM on this if you're interested in the additional details, just drop me line.:)

The reality is this; I make a deal; I shake your hand; it's done....the rest is irrelevant. Simple as that. I have no stake in what you do and I hope you are happy doing whatever that is.

DKan6058
07-11-2020, 02:34 AM
I hear ya! I put interiors in corporate aircraft. We have some of the best quality in the interiors we put in. Plus I used to be in quality control and affectionately became known as the "prick". :)

wiredgeorge
07-11-2020, 04:27 AM
One thing to consider.... The minute you buy a camper from a dealer and drive it off the lot you own a USED camper. The depreciation is huge. The advantage of a NEW camper is that it has the brand new camper smell and the dealer is on the hook to fix things. The dealer will often take your new camper to fix thing and keep it for months and you hear never ending complaints about dealer service here on this forum.

My personal feeling is a new camper, other than the smell, is a HUGE waste of money. Let someone else eat the depreciation. Get smart on what things can go wrong in a camper by studying the subject which you will have to learn anyway even if you buy a new camper. Find a private seller who is desperate to unload that camper that was an impulse buy and just be hurting from the payments. Use due dilligence and go over any prospective camper being sold and you will not regret saving the money you will end up learning how to make most common repairs yourself and avoid long wait times for some dealership shop to make small repairs.

You will also find that once you own any camper there will be MANY things you had wished you had considered with the floorplan, the amenities, the stuff that makes the trailer more your style. If you buy the WRONG trailer initially, a used trailer makes the resale a lot less painful. I own a 2002 and have made it mine and do all my own repairs/maintenance and quite frankly have less problems than many buying new trailers and I bet I can sell it quickly for what I paid for it and the only thing I would lose is the money spent upgrading and making it mine. Doubt we will be selling.

DKan6058
07-11-2020, 04:31 AM
I learn this when I bought my last camper from a dealer (CW) when I took it in for warranty work. When I got it back from them with all issues supposedly fix. I found out very quickly that they'll lie to make a quick buck. None of the issues were properly fixed. In the end I had them over the barrel and to avoid any further retribution by me. I had them send me the parts I needed to fix the RV. Now everything works as advertised and I'm a happy camper.

flybouy
07-11-2020, 07:29 AM
Bill I don't know what all you experienced but I have to make a couple of comments. When you gave the dealer a deposit you made an agreement ( a contract) to purchase a product for x amount. That dealer then entered a contract to purchase it from Keystone for x amount of dollars. Keystone could offer an incentive (price reduction) a week or even a day later but the deal is done on your order so the dealer still has to pay the price agreed up, just as you do.

The second factor here is the distance between dealerships. It's standard that retailers and chain restaurants have different pricing for different areas. I know this for a fact as I worked in both industries for many years. I worked in development dept (real estate & new construction) but sat thru more meetings where every dept had to report. From financial, to loss prevention to sales.

So depending on the area one location may have differing prices than another. Doesn't matter if it's McDonalds or WalMart. As a consumer if you live in an area that costs less you would not be happy if the cost was increased so that those living in a more expensive area could enjoy the same price. There are many reasons,, obviously NYC costs more than Tucson AZ. The costs of doing business varies.

I'm not defending CW or any other company. I just want any reader to understand 2 things here. One,, prices vary because the cost to do business varies greatly between locals. Two, a deal is a deal and it's the consumer's responsibility to do the due diligence BEFORE entering the agreement. Once a deal is signed the time for negotiations are over.

If you want to "back out" of the deal the (go back on your word) then you must be prepared to pay the penalty if it's stipulated in the contract. Typically the only way to cancel a contract without penalty is to prove some sort of deception or illegal dealing like not disclosing damage if asked, "bait and switch", "hidden" return or restocking fees, etc.

Again, this is not passing judgement on what Bill experienced but as general information for anyone reading this.

travelin texans
07-11-2020, 08:04 AM
I agree, a deal is a deal!
This is not the big box hardware store or retail shop that promises to "price match any competitor".
Not to mention that if you did not walk into the one that was a $1000 cheaper are you 100% certain they were optioned exactly the same, dealers are sometimes not totally honest when advertising, the one you bought may have that much or in options.
You signed the deal now cussing the dealer????

flybouy
07-11-2020, 08:47 AM
I agree, a deal is a deal!
This is not the big box hardware store or retail shop that promises to "price match any competitor".
Not to mention that if you did not walk into the one that was a $1000 cheaper are you 100% certain they were optioned exactly the same, dealers are sometimes not totally honest when advertising, the one you bought may have that much or in options.
You signed the deal now cussing the dealer????

Even those "price match" guarantees typically have a bunch of disclaimers.

travelin texans
07-11-2020, 10:55 AM
Even those "price match" guarantees typically have a bunch of disclaimers.

Yep! Lowe's/HD both advertise this but by not selling the same brands as the other they've found a way around it, but still advertised.

To the OP, read the disclaimer at the bottom of the forum, there's NO ONE from Keystone monitoring this forum & definitely NO ONE from CW either & highly doubtful CW will go broke from your lack of patronage.
But you got to vent here!

JRTJH
07-11-2020, 11:02 AM
Yep! Lowe's/HD both advertise this but by not selling the same brands as the other they've found a way around it, but still advertised.

And, in many situations, where they do sell the same brand, they sell different models. Example: HD sells a Samsung washer, only in stainless steel. Lowes sells the "identical washer" but only in white. No need to try to price match, they aren't the same item.... We got "caught up in that with a recent "home emergency generator purchase".. Same generator, same transfer switch, one "package included a 10 year warranty" and the other included a 10 year warranty plug a 3 year service contract. Price difference between stores was nearly $1000. I'd ask, does 3 annual oil changes cost $1000? Different packages, no price match.....

Bill-2020
07-11-2020, 05:24 PM
Ok, I've read all of the responses and I respect all of you and your responses and positions. My apologies to the OP, KDan6058, for this all going in a direction they didn't expect. I didn't intend nor expect this.

1. The internet sales manager verbally quoted me a price and a delivery time frame when I met with him to walk the floor plan of a 2019 they had on the lot. (2019 and late 2020 model years have the same floor plan other than the rear cargo door.)

2. A week later I had finished my research and decided to move forward. I was paired up with a sales lady at CW to go over the finer details of the deal before the deposit was made. The negotiations were less then enjoyable. The "internet sales manager" had apparently quoted me an incorrect price. They claimed he had no right to quote me a price on a unit they didn't have on the lot and he was not in that day to discuss it (of course). I took took some time and cooled my heels to think over this new selling price.

3. I made the deposit the following Monday and I was given a receipt that showed my name, date, the deposit amount, make, model, year, and interior color selection (which boils down to one window shade covering fabric pattern). There was no signature or selling price on the deposit receipt. It was simply a printed page with those details.

4. While I waited for delivery, scouring the internet for more details on Keystone trailers (watching all those factory tour videos), I came across the lower selling price of an identical unit at the other CW (yes, Danny/TT identical to what I ordered). It was advertised as an Orange Tag Sale because it was October. Having been previously quoted a lower price by $1200, I printed off the details from their website and brought them with me to the table. Yes, as ammunition for negotiating a lower price.

5. The table. Before signing anything, I presented the sales lady and the finance manager my findings. They both had to get the GM involved because this was something they couldn't approve. This GM was just sent down from corporate to take over the dealership and the other GMs position because of internal issues they were experiencing there. I wasn't supposed to know this, but my sales lady told me outside
she was quitting that day because of the issues there. Anyway, he wouldn't budge on the price, apologized for the internet sales manager's actions, and asked if I had any other concerns. Finance contract signed.

Danny/TT; I'm not the OP here, but I do understand that there is no one here from Keystone or CW that reads these. I'm not voicing all of this to change anyone's mind at this point. Cussing the dealer? Yeah, I guess I am after what I was quoted by a "sales manager" and then they backed out on that quote when came down to brass tax. I should have had him write that number down on the back of his card the day we stood there, agreed and shook hands! I knew what I wanted/needed out of a travel trailer and this model fit that need almost perfectly, both size, shape and options (this is not just a camping or vacation item for us, there are other important reasons at hand for us).

sourdough
07-11-2020, 06:11 PM
Ok, I've read all of the responses and I respect all of you and your responses and positions. My apologies to the OP, KDan6058, for this all going in a direction they didn't expect. I didn't intend nor expect this.

1. The internet sales manager verbally quoted me a price and a delivery time frame when I met with him to walk the floor plan of a 2019 they had on the lot. (2019 and late 2020 model years have the same floor plan other than the rear cargo door.)

2. A week later I had finished my research and decided to move forward. I was paired up with a sales lady at CW to go over the finer details of the deal before the deposit was made. The negotiations were less then enjoyable. The "internet sales manager" had apparently quoted me an incorrect price. They claimed he had no right to quote me a price on a unit they didn't have on the lot and he was not in that day to discuss it (of course). I took took some time and cooled my heels to think over this new selling price.

3. I made the deposit the following Monday and I was given a receipt that showed my name, date, the deposit amount, make, model, year, and interior color selection (which boils down to one window shade covering fabric pattern). There was no signature or selling price on the deposit receipt. It was simply a printed page with those details.

4. While I waited for delivery, scouring the internet for more details on Keystone trailers (watching all those factory tour videos), I came across the lower selling price of an identical unit at the other CW (yes, Danny/TT identical to what I ordered). It was advertised as an Orange Tag Sale because it was October. Having been previously quoted a lower price by $1200, I printed off the details from their website and brought them with me to the table. Yes, as ammunition for negotiating a lower price.

5. The table. Before signing anything, I presented the sales lady and the finance manager my findings. They both had to get the GM involved because this was something they couldn't approve. This GM was just sent down from corporate to take over the dealership and the other GMs position because of internal issues they were experiencing there. I wasn't supposed to know this, but my sales lady told me outside
she was quitting that day because of the issues there. Anyway, he wouldn't budge on the price, apologized for the internet sales manager's actions, and asked if I had any other concerns. Finance contract signed.

Danny/TT; I'm not the OP here, but I do understand that there is no one here from Keystone or CW that reads these. I'm not voicing all of this to change anyone's mind at this point. Cussing the dealer? Yeah, I guess I am after what I was quoted by a "sales manager" and then they backed out on that quote when came down to brass tax. I should have had him write that number down on the back of his card the day we stood there, agreed and shook hands! I knew what I wanted/needed out of a travel trailer and this model fit that need almost perfectly, both size, shape and options (this is not just a camping or vacation item for us, there are other important reasons at hand for us).

Bill, I read your posts. The one you made on this trailer purchase seemed out of character. Your response here shows my assessment of you as a concerned, helpful member (as silly as that may seem) was right. So;

I have dealt with the exact same situation you had. Dealership bought out by CW; new GM (prior owner); unfamiliar staff all flailing trying to figure "it" out. You....caught in the middle.

First and foremost; I make all kinds of deals on all kinds of things. Many are done with a handshake....but I don't do or commit to anything, ANYTHING, until it is on paper. I wish the world was like it was a few years back but it's not.

Where was the sales manager in this? The "sales lady" doesn't fit in any RV purchase I make except to walk me thru the units. That sales lady was probably hired from Burger King a month ago and had no idea what was going on. The internet sales guy? I'm sorry but just don't let them drive the deal. Bought my new truck from what started with the internet sales dept.; he tried to drive the numbers and I told him he wouldn't be able to close the deal. I ended up with the GM and we hashed it out.

By your account it sounds as if you did agree, and signed an agreement, to purchase the trailer after you brought the Orange Sale price to them? If so, it stops there; you agreed.

I've made deposits, purchased adds on a new trailer and even signed purchase agreements for an RV with no more than what you received. That's what they do....and, it gives you what you need in the event of enforcement.

Finance contract signed.

After your irritations and aggravations the above statement is what you said. You agreed and accepted everything that had been said and done previously; that's what that says.

Not happy with the dealership or sales folks? Walk out. Don't like the price or terms? Walk out. Work through all the "stuff", accept it and go with a deal including sign it....then run down the dealership for the "deal" you willingly accepted? That's not "good form" IMO.:)

What I do, and you should have done, is make sure you negotiate your deal with the folks that know the "bottom line"; the internet sales guy and sales lady aren't them. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Bill-2020
07-11-2020, 06:40 PM
The sales lady knew RVs - she had been in the "business" for some years, when she quit that day after I left the dealership she was headed to Giant Recreation World the next day to start her new position.

The sales manager was never available to me over the many times I was there to discuss to look. It was either a conference call he was on behind that glass wall, or a meeting somewhere in the dealership (as small as it is).

Internet sales guy? Words I have for him would get me kicked off this forum if I typed them. Had he not stated a bad price in the beginning, I wouldn't have the poor feelings over this deal that I do.

I had already made the deposit to have the trailer ordered and transported to the dealership. It's my understanding that the deposit was not refundable. I was locked into this deal by that deposit or, as I had stated before, I would have walked.

sourdough
07-11-2020, 07:03 PM
I feel for you but don't think all the blame lies with CW.

Sales manager not available and behind the glass wall? Hah. Tell your sales person you'll just go to the GMs office to get his assistance.

I've had CW sales managers run out and seek me, some hide behind the "glass wall". If I'm serious, and they "aren't available" behind the glass wall....I just go behind the glass wall and stare at them until they're available.....and then we get to go see the GM.

In full disclosure I am have zero problems with upsetting folks or making them do their jobs. Many folks don't like that; my dad, in laws and many folks I've met in life. If you just accept what someone "wants" to give you it's not always a good thing. Hoping your experience has opened some windows for the next go round with anyone "selling" you something. They have a vested interest in protecting their interests; you have a vested interest in protecting yours.

Jwsnags
07-16-2020, 09:01 AM
Hello to all,

Looking to purchase a new trailer. Was looking at the Hideout, Sprinter or the Outback. Looking for some input pro's and con's of these models or the Keystone product in general.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave, FYI, I purchased a 2020 Hideout 177LHS this winter, it is an entry level/ price point trailer. I have had it out several times and am extremely happy with it, zero issues. I did do some upgrades for my personal taste...
My brother has the Springdale (just three feet longer) same layout, but definitely more deluxe version... for an additional $4000.00 that he purchased two years ago. Both of us have been happy with our purchases.
Take care!
Jon

ObiRich
07-16-2020, 09:51 AM
Hello to all,

Thanks

Dave

I can't speak for the other brands, but we bought a Hideout 5th wheel (262RES) last year. As others have mentioned, Hideouts are an entry level unit. When we were looking, we first saw a Cougar 25RES, which has a very similar floor plan. The Cougar had all the "bells and whistles", i.e. In Command, Auto Level, and the consolidated hookup console in the pass through. The Hideout didn't; everything ran off switches inside.

After a lot of thought, we decided on the Hideout for a couple reasons. First, it was $14,000 less than the Cougar. Second, after reading some of the horror stories of how people have problems with all the high tech bells and whistles, we decided that "simpler was better."

We've had very few problems. The decals on the front frayed on the edges, and the door panel on the outdoor kitchen bowed. Camping World and Keystone took care of them. Some other small issues; a trim came loose after driving a bumpy road, as did the TV antenna connections. But so far, no major problems ::knock on wood::

So...I suppose it's what you're interested in. For us, the Hideout has worked out great. We've had it for almost a year now, have had her out 5 times, longest for 6 days, and thoroughly enjoy it.

RDB
07-17-2020, 05:20 AM
Hello to all,

Thanks

Dave

I own a 2012 Outback 301B, purchased new.. It is a mid-price trailer. Do not expect Keystone to support you after your 12 month warranty. Look for a painted cap and at least a 15K AC. If your trailer will be > 33ft look for 2 AC's. Unless you have a major issue with a component plan on doing your own repairs and maintenance. I ordered/purchased the trailer from Holman RV by Cincinnati Ohio, about a 2 hr drive from where we live. My wife an I were able to live in the trailer for about 24 hrs on their lot before we took it home. This gave use the time to test/use everything, any issues where fixed before we took it home.....check & recheck everything before you leave the dealer.

lcarver02
07-18-2020, 09:50 AM
They are good trailers. Make sure everything works and verify water heater, stove, fridge. Never park this trailer on a slope with the Refrigerator on, it will ruin it for sure. Avoid the front Gel Coat as it will fade and crack very quickly. Get the Carbon Fiber front. Check the tires, if they are cheap or worn replace them with quality rubber, not the cheap ones they come with.

dutchmensport
07-18-2020, 10:02 AM
My last camper was an Outback with rear living and 2 opposing slide-outs in the living room, large full rear window. Absolutely loved that model and floor plan. We had it 5 years. Never touched the battery in 5 years. Replaced original tires once, installed covers over the roof vents, and replaced the 13,500 btu air conditioner for a 15,000 air conditioner. She was ridden hard, lots of miles, and never had any problems with her. After 5 years, we traded for a Montana High Country fifth wheel, in anticipation of full-timing. (Plus it was even bigger).

I recommend the Outback. (but, I'm biased, of course).