PDA

View Full Version : New Bullet

Robert39
10-26-2011, 05:33 PM
My wife and I purchased our first camper two weeks ago. We thought it would be a good family investment since we have two small children. We like to take trips but don't like to pay for hotels. We purchased our 2012 Bullet 230 BHS in Michigan and we live in Pennsylvania. The 700+ miles ride home was a good test of our tow vehicle which is a 2011 Dodge Durango 5.7 liter. It also was a good break-in period for me. The Durango handled the trailer very well. The only complaint I have is mirror options for the Durango in the after-market. I thought my sight was compromised. Dodge hails this vehicle as good for towing, but one size fits all mirrors don't cut it. My only surprise was the first trucker that blew by me at 85 mph. After that, I was constantly on watch for fast-moving vehicles. Fun times ahead!

Festus2
10-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Fun times ahead indeed! I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy your new Bullet and hope you have many miles of safe, trouble-free camping. Welcome to the group and we hope to read about your future trips and experiences.

justduit2
10-27-2011, 04:08 AM
Robert,

We bought a camper for very much the same reason as you, avoiding the hotel. Plus there's the advantage of knowing there are no bedbugs in your camper. And then not having to lug all your stuff in and out. Just makes sense to me. Enjoy, I'm sure your children will love it!

Mark

Ron
10-27-2011, 06:22 AM
Hotels not for us either, we take our 5ver every where we go. Seems like the only time we go out of town is to hit the campgrounds. Sure nice to have your home away from home and yes not have to lug your luggage in and out of the hotels all the time:bdance: My wife several years ago seen an program on tv about bed bugs, that ended the hotel staying for us, not that we stayed in alot anyway, I don't have a problem with that. Enjoy your new trailer as I'm sure you kids are having a ball. Lots of Happy Campin.................Ron:thumbsup:

dspriggs
10-27-2011, 08:34 AM
We too had a Bullet, but have since traded for another unit. We loved it. The Bullets seem to tow very well. I also am looking for aftermarket tow mirrors that I like, but have not found the perfect solution.

SteveC7010
10-27-2011, 08:45 AM
The only complaint I have is mirror options for the Durango in the after-market. I thought my sight was compromised. Dodge hails this vehicle as good for towing, but one size fits all mirrors don't cut it.

These may be a good choice for you. They are large enough to be useful and they stick out far enough to give you a clear view down both sides of your trailer.

The pretty much are the same as permanent mount towing mirrors.