PDA

View Full Version : Furion Fireplace in 29DFSWE

BigCreek
07-06-2020, 05:35 PM
Hello! New to the forum and to Keystone. We have a 2020 Hideout 29DFSWE. Our Hideout is parked at our remote property in Idaho.
Our interior fireplace has worked great until this past weekend our interior fireplace shut off and blinked code 88. It was only used a few minutes before it shut down.I researched and found this is an overheating code. I am wondering what inlet and outlet vents I should check. It is mounted flush on the pull out pantry. It has a vent that the hot air comes out above the "flames", other than that I am lost! Thank you in advance for any ideas or advice.
Mike & Darcy

ctbruce
07-09-2020, 10:47 AM
Anybody able to help BigCreek?

Texas Steve
07-09-2020, 12:57 PM
Furion install manual may be able to help. It shows the vent locations and install instructions. If its new take it to the dealer should be under warranty.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1264610/Furrion-Ff26s15a-Bl.html#manual

sourdough
07-09-2020, 01:52 PM
Big Creek if you find the cure please post back and let us know. This new MHC came with Furrion everything in the entertainment center and the fireplace. So far every, repeat every, piece of it is either defective or inferior. I've not used the fireplace other than during the PDI so I figure I have another issue coming with that.

BigCreek
07-09-2020, 06:08 PM
Thank you! It is under warranty. It is all set up at our rural property where it stays all summer. We dont pull it home until October ish. Hoping to fix it and enjoy it the rest of summer.
Thank you for the link!

BigCreek
07-09-2020, 06:09 PM
I will let you know!

BigCreek
07-12-2020, 01:15 PM
Im back! Furion Fireplace is definitely not going to work again. TIPS: slide/push glass straight up and out. Very easy.Then is has 4 screws holding in the actual unit. These are round screws with a SQUARE in the middle for the wrench you wont have..ha ha. Also, the screws are in farther than normal, so we had to add an extend onto our square headed driver we had to buy. The unit pops out fairly easy once the screws are out. It has little feet on the bottom and stands up. We unplugged it for hours, hoping to reset, but same code. Pulled it out and dealer is ordering us a new one. Hope this helps, if you ever need it.