PDA

View Full Version : Carbon low water pressure

PLM
07-06-2020, 10:38 AM
We have a 2018 Carbon 347. When hooked up to city water our pressure is very low especially from the kitchen sink. Is this unusual and is time to upgrade the pump??

Lee
07-06-2020, 10:42 AM
When hooked up to city water,.... your not using the pump.

I would unscrew the little screen on the end of the faucet and see if it's clogged.

chuckster57
07-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

If your connected to a pressurized source (city water) the pump isn’t needed. Do you have a water pressure regulator? If so what kind? Have you inspected the screen where the hose hooks up?

PLM
07-06-2020, 10:48 AM
I'll double check the screen again but it was clear. The pressure has been low like this since it was new.

sourdough
07-06-2020, 12:27 PM
When you say "when hooked to city water" it's very low, are you implying if you run the pump it's not? I'm thinking you've not run the pump?

If it has been that way since new I would suggest pulling the screens on all faucets and the screen on the water inlet to check for debris. There have been several reports of debris in those on a new trailer and I've experienced it as well.

MattHelm21
07-06-2020, 03:12 PM
This may not be the OP's problem but could help someone else. We just got our dry run trip in for the year and had several water pressure related problems. Prior to any of this, last year, I had always felt the water pump pressure was much better than city water.

The first problem uncovered was that the filter cartridge in our Camco EVO filter was ruptured. I replaced this before heading out but found that did not make much difference.

The second issue was discovered when I started removing all the sink aerators only to find a paste like substance which I removed. This made a bit of improvement.

The third and two part change I made was related to the adjustable pressure regulator I am using. I usually installed this at the CG faucet before connecting my hose and filter. I moved it to the output of my filter and connected my hose directly to the CG faucet. This made the biggest difference but I also read that most modern RV plumbing is rated for 40 to 60 PSI so I split the difference. Where I was adjusted to about 42 PSI, I raised this to 50 PSI and was very pleased with the outcome.

Obviously with the filter now taking the full CG water pressure, I'll be keeping a closer eye on it.