PDA

View Full Version : Aquamagic 2 toilet wont hold water

plgamble
07-06-2020, 06:46 AM
Hi, I have a Thetford toilet the Aquamagic 2, model 42070, in a 2018 Outback 210 URS. It wasn't holding water, so I replaced the ball seal. It still doesn't hold water. When the pedal is released to up, I can see a sliver of opening, the ball isn't going far enough. If I then pull up on the pedal with a little force, the ball moves 1/8 further, and closes to hold water. I find no mention of this online, or, in the Thetford manual. Thetford customer service has not been responsive for about a week. Does anyone know of an adjustment, or remedy for this? Any help is appreciated!

phil

sourdough
07-06-2020, 07:04 AM
Does it leak anywhere? Maybe underneath under the pedestal? Have you checked the 2 screws holding the porcelain top to the bottom plastic pedestal? Those have given me problems in the past.

plgamble
07-06-2020, 07:36 AM
Thanks, I will check the 2 screws. Its for sure leaking through the ball valve which I can see the water go through. If not the 2 screws, the problem is that the foot lever stops before it moves the ball far enough to close.

travelin texans
07-06-2020, 07:48 AM
Remove your foot from the pedal & let it snap shut.
Next time you remove the toilet to repair that POS Thetford, toss it out the door & replace it with a Dometic 310 or 320, you'll be glad you did.