PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy your 4th of July!

notanlines
07-04-2020, 01:47 PM
Happy fourth of July to every one of you, and a special wish for every veteran and their spouses. We live in what is still the greatest country in the world and it is those people that we have to thank. Yep, I have to say that Canada is giving us a good run for our money. LaBatt's and Tim Horton brought y'all way on up there.
Honestly, we all have tons to be thankful for and I hope you all stay safe for the holidays!

Chris P
07-04-2020, 01:54 PM
Happy Independence Day

JRTJH
07-04-2020, 02:04 PM
:USA: Happy Fourth to you too, Jim, and to all the members on the forum, American or Canadian (and the few from other places too). Enjoy this "warm summer weekend) ... except for those in the southern hemisphere where it's "dead of winter" right now....

sourdough
07-04-2020, 02:17 PM
I echo your sentiments Jim and Happy Fourth of July to all!! Our founders had a vision for a free, flourishing country that no one had ever dreamed of. They fought and died for that vision and hope.

Although an experiment, it has been a phenomenal success. That success has blessed millions of citizens (all citizens) with hope, happiness and a path to something better. It gives millions a desire to come to this country to achieve what they cannot anywhere else in the world.

After the war for independence our forefathers fought in foreign lands to protect and preserve our freedom. Many here have done the same.

As we gather round the bbq, eat hotdogs and burgers, shoot fireworks and have fun, it is easy for the real purpose of this holiday to get lost - and it does with many. The sacrifices made by those among us and those before us must be remembered and cherished; not only to show respect but for us to always remember the price that has been paid, and must be paid, to preserve this special place. Happy 4th.

xrated
07-04-2020, 02:57 PM
Happy 4th to everyone that celebrates it. Lot's of truth in the posts above ^^^^ and we've all got a lot of things to be thankful for. Let us never forget how fortunate we are in this great country and even more importantly, let us never forget those that made the sacrifices to allow us to be able to enjoy that freedom and prosperity and greatness of this land that we love!

B-O-B'03
07-04-2020, 04:51 PM
Happy Birthday America!!

Contrary to a lot of opinions... The best country ever.

I am proud to be an naturalized Citizen.

-Brian