PDA

View Full Version : New Keystone Raptor Owners

Irocrcr
07-04-2020, 08:03 AM
My wife and I just took delivery of our new Raptor 429. We are not new to camping but this is our first Keystone brand. Our first camper was a 1998 27' Aerolite fifth wheel. From that we upgraded to a 2007 Kz Montego Bay 40' toy hauler. Last Wednesday we took delivery of our Raptor 429 and we love it so far. We needed to upgrade from the Kz because that toy hauler did not have the drop down beds in the garage and our son had outgrown the loft above the garage.

We have also upgraded trucks twice since we started pulling campers. Started with a 1/2 ton Chevy (which is now my sons truck), next we bought a 3/4 ton Duramax, and finally ended up with the 2019 dually we have now. The new dually with the extra hp/torque and the drw has made pulling these big toy haulers so much easier.

We used to do a lot of weekend trips to different campgrounds when we first started camping, but now we have moved to taking longer week or more trips and traveling farther away from home. It seems to suit us better taking the longer trips instead of just being weekend warriors.

I have attached some photos that show our progression of campers and trucks over the years. Also the golf cart we haul around with us, Next step is to upgrade the golf cart to a side by side.

chuckster57
07-04-2020, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the forum:wlcm:

Congrats on your latest upgrade, looks very nice!! Lot’s of good information and loads of great people here.

Gary R.
07-04-2020, 06:59 PM
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

Very nice setup you have--congratulations!

Travel safe!